1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I rip the audio track from an AVI with Neo 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by raine, Jan 24, 2007.

1. raine

raine Member

I have a rather large avi (concert) that I would like to rip the audio track from. Can I do this using Nero 7 Ultra?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Yep, with 'Nero WaveEditor'
    basically the logic is that any sound that comes out of your pc speakers can be recorded by 'Nero WaveEditor' and saved as audio.

play your avi file as you normally would - open NWE, press 'record' button and click 'ok' when 'sample format settings' pops up & choose 'stereo mix' when 'recording console' pops up. Click 'record', while still on 'recording console' and click 'ok' when you're done recording. Your recording should now be loaded on your NWE, which you can save into an audio format.

hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Guyy, I assume you would be able to do the same with audio from a DVD??

I'm currently trying it using BeSweet

5. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

yep.

I didn't think it was possible to rip audio from any video file/dvd with nero myself until another member pointed out that that's what NWE is for and i haven't looked back since.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Well I just tried the method you posted and I'm pleased to report that it works a "Treat" , only problem is that you have to do it in "Real Time"....quality was excellent, no doubt if you know what you're doing then WVE is an exdellent prog.

Thanks for posting, I have this thread noted for future users, Cheers.

7. raine

raine Member

NWE?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

For those who do not have Nero and would like to record what comes out of their speaker.....whatuhear. This is a free program and works great will record to wav or mp3 format.

http://www.mp3mymp3.com/

I great for recording from WinAmp :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  9. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

@raine. 'NWE' is 'Nero WaveEditor' and it's one of the applications in your 'Nero StartSmart'

@gwendolin. Those were my sentiments the first time around. Glad the info is now in better hands. cheers :)

10. zapatero

zapatero Member

It is possible to record what comes out of the speakers with several programs, including WaveEditor and also Audacity, the well-known freeware editor. But I think this capability depends on the sound card used, and it works digitalizing the analog signal that goes to the speakers, so maybe it is not the method which gives the highest quality.
    In Nero Vision there is an option to record the sound of a video, I do not know how this works internally.

11. raine

raine Member

Great.....thanks a bunch. Here's the newest glitch. The audio track is ripped as one file, and not the individual songs as I'd like. How do I split the songs from the large ripped audio file?

Raine

12. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

(1) Personally I would use Audacity (with the LAME encoder) to divide the "audio track ripped as one file" into tracks.

(2) Also to obtain all the Audio from a large AVI file I would not use Nero <anything>, nor would I use NWE (Nero Wave Editor), nor would I use BeSweet.

Use the right tools for the right job.

Who wants to save audio in real-time? That's so slow. Who wants to record the sound of AVI playing back through your sound card etc.. etc....

I would use VirtualDub to save the audio as a WAV file and then I would use Audacity to cut it into tracks and save it as MP3.

I have yet to find an AVI too large for me to extract out the audio into *.WAV via VirtualDub (v1.6.17)

13. E9er

E9er Guest

@ukuser1

Your obnoxiousness aside, if you'd bother to read & comprehend the question that started this thread you'd have known that the issue was whether or not audio can be extracted from a video file using nero7.

I found the information about Nero WaveEditor useful and granted, there are other softwares out there that'll do a quicker & better job but the bone of contention was about nero7.

14. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Hear Hear!!

15. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

I was (and am) trying to save other readers TIME and PAIN by offering a faster and better solution using free and freely available software which is out there that any be used in conjunction with Nero and which compliments Nero. So my supposed "obnoxiousness" should not be agreed by others so quickly.

I am not a believer in Nero software being able to do everything. Nero should concentrate on its core strengths of Burning DVD and CDROMs.

Thanks for your understanding.