AfterDawn Forums

How to copy music off an Unmodded Xbox to my PC

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Hi guys,

I was hoping somebody could help me with me lil delemmur! In the years gone by, I've copied heaps of CD's onto my unmodded Xbox (music section) so that I could play them whenever. At present, my original CD's are scratched to buggery, and I'd love to copy my Xbox hdd to my PC hdd. I can't find a site that tells me a way to do it, as they all seem to need a modded dashboard. Can I do it??? Does anyone know how?? I don't have Linux - and would love my music for my iRiver! My computer BIOS detects the drive, but I can't "disk management" a new drive for use.
Cheers guys,

Greg
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
with an unmodded system i do not know of any ways to do that.
You need a modded system (hacked dashboard) to transfer files from the PC to Xbox or Xbox to PC.
If you felt like looking into it softmodding the xbox is something you can do for free, or have an experienced friend do for you.

Then all you need is a $12 Cat5 Crossover Cable and you can transfer information back and forth at will.

Cheers Steimy - I'll look into doing that then!
Appreciate the help!
G
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 31 Jan 2007 @ 8:27

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.