1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

Hi Forum, im pretty good with the starview boxes so any problems or questions feel free to post them and il help much as i can, regards

2. tuohy

tuohy Member

hi tommycomm,
    i can flash using rs232to rs232 using my pc,but when i try using my laptop using using a usb to rs232 adapter it says flash failed,and it only reconises com port 3,i,v changed the bud rate to max no change,bought a new cable from maplins null modem on there advice,said the one i was using was for data?.any ideas?.

kind regards
    tuohy

3. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

check in device manager if the port is working, the one from maplins should work it is however expensive, remember usb to serial lead will NOT work only a usb to serial port then null modem cable. Or if you have 2 boxes you can transfer it via the s/w menu, keep me posted

4. 01chin

01chin Member

Hi,

Would be grateful if you could answer something for me?:

I've heard it's better to put a splitter in your N*L box and your Star View box, so N*L doesn't register that it's there - is that true?
    And, if so, where could I get a Star View box with updated software in it, at a reasonable price?

Thanks.

5. tuohy

tuohy Member

yes this is true,as n*l cable boxes have talk back,telling the cable what your watching,starview dont for obvious reasons,you can purchase them on ebay forĀ£100+postage

6. ainzi

ainzi Member

hello i have a star veiw box fully workin but sky sports 1 is gon cud u possibly tell me the down frequency number please or dus dat even help?????? help please missin everytin on plzzz many tanks

7. ainzi

ainzi Member

if its not asking to much cud nebody have datby 2nite ?

8. ainzi

ainzi Member

ne1 pl\zzz

9. tuohy

tuohy Member

erase the channel and do a manual scaan,if this fails do a master reset

10. sav78

sav78 Member

hi, does the telepest box have a talkback also? would i have to switch that on too?
    and is there a usb null cable (i dont have the connection on my pc)?

11. kal44

kal44 Member

I have a legitimate n*l box, and a starview box. Is it best to remove the legitimate n*l box and replace with a starview box, or should i do the splitter method? And why?

12. tuohy

tuohy Member

do the spliter method....n*l box has talkback telling the cc wot your watching,starvieew doesent for obvious reasons

13. kal44

kal44 Member

Well, if i used a splitter, it would mean one of my n*l box would be connected at the same time as my Starview box.

What if i completely removedmy n*l box, and just use my Starview box, would that still be ok? Because then there would be no talk-back right as the n*l box isn't connected?

14. crashd

crashd Regular member

I think what they are saying is as you are a virgin media customer it's best to have them recieving feedback from tyour box or maybe they will wonder whatyou are up to.

15. Gary101

Gary101 Member

I got a starview on vmedia tonight i have lost all sky channels can anyone assist please.

Also I have never been able to get prem plus can that be changed?

Also do I need to have a splitter or is it okay to just run the starview solo ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

16. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

Hi PPL.

My starview box has also lost it movie/sports & news channel. Some channels have lost there volume. I am new to this can any body please help.

Greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Harry

17. mtlaw01

mtlaw01 Guest

hiya, needing an update I think, just been recently updated but i have lost all sky sports, news etc, along with 2 other boxes that i know of.
    Is there another update file out there? STAR VIEW_26012007_257eE_api is the last one i used to update about a month ago.
    No problems with updating, i have the cable and gt loader just need new updte file.
    Is everyone having the same problem?

18. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

I have now sorted my box out, thanks to a thread I found on here.
    From what I can remember you will need to firstly delete the channel that is not working, say s*y sports1, once deleted, go to installation scroll down to manual scan, ok, scroll down to network scan, enable, ok. It will then search for the channel under it's new TP position (I believe they have updated the frequency of broadcast) I have done this and is now working. Long winded, but gets you the results.

19. NeXNeT

NeXNeT Guest

Hello.
    Can I just take this time to say thanks to those giving support regarding the current issues with starview. It is my understanding that there is no need for a software update if you are already running on API ver: 2.57e_E however from reading through the posts it appears there is a 2.59e_E version also available. As most, if not all Starview users required an update in January we are once again having viewing problems with certain channels. To resolve this we have to delete the scrambled channels then perform a manual scan ensuring the network scan is enabled this has not worked for me so a factory reset followed by an automatic scan should resolve the issue again this has not worked for me. Not only has this not resolved the issues with certain channels not being viewed, I have noticed that by performing a manual scan after the box was factory reset then auto scanned has stopped even more channels from being viewed. Is this happening to anyone else ? Any ideas on how to fix it ? does it matter if the box is running on 2.59e_E or not ? Any downloadable links to the latest version of software ?

Any suggesions is a great help and Thanks again for your help!

20. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

sorry guys i aint replied to any questions ive been away, the version 257e is the most stable & i highly recommend it if anybody wants it or the download tool pm me il and send it to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.