1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADVRCNTR2.DLL Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by laredoboy, Feb 15, 2007.

1. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

What the heck is this file? My Nero Express keeps asking for it. I've downloaded it and installed it into my system32 folder, cause that was what I was told to do, but I still get that error message. It must be connected to the small screen that you can view the movie that you are transcoding. Mine doesn't show the movie that it's transcoding. Any ideas? Laredo

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Try putting it in the Ahead\Lib folder. There have been several questions on this is the last week--something must be going on---

I don't know the exact circumstances, but there are times when it won't show the movie. On mine it usually will sometime during the transcoding. I don't think there are any settings for it, but I am not really sure.

3. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

HI, okay I will try that! When I try to view the dvds that I burn, I can't and Nero keeps saying that it's missing that dll file, it's darn annoying lol... Victoria

4. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

Hey Saltgrass, I can't seem to find the Lib Folder, I downloaded Nero from Torrentspy, it's the number 6 version... maybe it's missing some files... I will try a reinstall... Victoria

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't know about Nero 6. It may be somewhere else. Can you find an Ahead folder?

6. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

Hey, by Jove I think I works now... I found the Lib folder in my common files/Ahead and put the advrcntr2.dll file there and fired up Nero Express and didn't get the error message!!! Thanks a bunch, you are the best!!!!! Victoria

7. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

I just started having the same problem as well. It is also showing the same error whatever program I am trying to use an mpeg file. SONY HANDYCAM'S PICTURE PACKAGE software and When I try pulling up an mpeg file through media player. I will try throwng the advrctr.dll file into the lib folder and see if that works.

8. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

I downloaded the ADVRCNTR2.DLL file and put it in the common folder and I am still having problems pulling up media. The error message keeps popping up. If I click the OK button on the error message it pops up again several times before teh video plays.
    Maybe I somehow need to show my other software where to find that file. Any suggestions?

9. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

What folder did you put it in exactly?
    Where did you get the file and what date/size does it show?

10. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

I got the file from www.dll-files.com and the file size is 2.37 MB (2,494,464 bytes). I put it in C:/Program Files/Common Files/ Ahead/ Lib. I appreciate your input

11. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If you are running Nero 6, that may be the correct file, but the newest Nero 7 has a larger file (2.89MB)

I also show the file in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\nro.tmp but it may have been left over from another install.

If you haven't rebooted, you might try that. We need to figure out why these files are missing--is some anti-virus software removing them or some type of anti-spyware? It should not have just disappeared on it's own.

12. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

13. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

cleaning the software off the computer worked. NO MORE dll problems. Direct everyone to do that. THANK GOD!!!!!

14. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

HI, I haven't done the clean and reinstall yet... so it worked for you? what version of Nero are U using? I have 6.... and I've just been closing the error window that I've been getting about the advrcntr2 file..lol...W
    Thanks for everyones input, I certainly appreciate all help... Victoria

15. bcpatti3

bcpatti3 Member

I had Nero 6. I could only stand clicking the OK on the error message for 10 minutes before I got annoyed and wanted to fix it. Trust me, do the cleaning and reinstalling. It is easy and worth it.

16. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

HI, okay I did a clean and reinstalled it.. I haven't had a chance to run Nero yet... I'm still trying to figure out how to add subtititles to Nero... Babel was in spanish..hehehehehe Victoria

17. aradhana

aradhana Member

Hi Everybody
    Ref: advrcntr2.dll(This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system.)
    After a good hectic time period of four days I found the solution as following. I did not got help from Nero or MS or WMP( windows media player).
    I just used my logic and research my own way.
    What was problem.
    1. when ever I wanted to see video using windows media player it was showing error four times nero pop up window as "This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system."
    I did downloded the file and placed at program files/common files/ ahead/. But did not worked.
    2. Windows media player was showing a pop up error message after the nero pop up as To reduce the resolution of screen and and color quality setting. After doing that also nothing worked out.

How the problem started.
    Recetly I purchased HP DVD player and writer HP DVD 840 and Nero OEM Suite CD came with that, it contains Nero Expres 6.00 IN CD and other programs. Some time after the update window Nero 7 pop up. I clicked and downloaded the update, but I found it was a trial version and will expire after some time.It was a trick of Nero software manufacturer. It hijacked my MS fax and picture viewer and windows media player, It changed my Adobe PDF icons. I decided to uninstall and removed the nero 7 program. After removing It damaged the Adobe Acrobat professional( there are some plug in problems, I did not yet resolved), Windows media player stoped working totally and and advrcntr2.dll pop up problem started.

How to remove the problem
    Down load the all clean tool from Nero and save it.
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/General_CleanTool.html
    Open control panel/add-remove program and delete all Nero applications.
    Run Nero cleanTool twice.( select all options to remove)
    then exit.
    Restart the computer.
    Reinstall the Nero software.
    Restart the computer.
    Now you will see everything works fine.
    Please write me back for more comments.
    I learned lot of lessons from this problem.

18. J5baby

J5baby Member

thanks the nero cleanup really worked. thanks 4 figuring it out. ur great :)

19. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

HI, I uninstalled Nero and did a clean with their tools and reinstalled Nero and yayayayay it worked. No more probs with that dll file..Victoria

20. ChrisG_UK

ChrisG_UK Member

Many thanks to aradhana - the clean tool solution worked for me too.

This issue was definitely caused by installing and uninstalling Nero 7. I've been a big fan of Nero 4, 5 and 6, but 7 sucks - huge piece of horrible bloatware. Going the same way as so much other Windows software these days. Shame to see Nero fall into the same trap. I guess I'll stick with 6 as long as I can and then have to find something else - actually looking at swapping Windows for Mac, partly because of the bloat problem.