1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

erm ye i am doing them at 16, as far as the pi errors go im getting 140 max pi errors when burning at 8x compared to 160 max at 16x, so not that much of a difference, i havnt had one single test thats had over 2 for pi failures...

but now and again i will have discs that may jump or skip and wanted to improve the reliability of my copies

oh and no mate im leaving the pc alone while burning and disabling my anti virus software

2. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

erm am doing a full scan now n am getting more pifs lol, doesnt seem to pick up hardly any on a full scan, thats was only a quick i posted a pic of, what i was wondering about was the pi errors....why are mine about 150 max and everyone else on here seems to get 15 odd and low numbers like that?

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

ELLO cincyrob,
    Waiving and smiling atcha!! lol

@lundy1987,
    Please tell me that's not the year you graduated. ;-)

Like cincyrob said you should burn no higher than 12X IMO. I get the best results across the board burning at 8X on all media that is rated 8X or higher. I have a Pioneer DVR-112L, a BENQ DW-1650, and a Lite-On LH-18A1P and they are burn like a champ.

In all fairness I only do the quality scans on the Lite-On because they are the most widely accepted scanners out there. BENQ's are next but the strategy for scoring is very different. I've found with the new Pioneer it scans very similarly to the BENQ. Don't hold me to that but the few scans I've done on the Pioneer look much like the BENQ scans. :)

I think the first thing you should do to compare your scans to ours (or at other forums as a general rule) is scan at 4X. Next uncheck the QuickScan feature and see what happens. That would more closely resemble what we're doin here and at CDF as well. I've been reading a little on the Jitter test and there are some that believe it may be more important than the PIF's but if you have BAD PIF's you may have a bad Jitter. JM2C on that. :)

The next thing to check is the f/w version on your Pioneer 111. I would recommend looking at this website for f/w's o the Pioneer, these guys are great and really know their stuff. The latest version of STOCK f/w is 1.29 and you can choose whichever BUFFALO you want and give that a try. :) I would problably try the 8.26 or 8.29 INT if you have an internal drive. ;-)

I hope this does something for you and answers some questions. :):)

...gm

TO ADD:

HI binkie7,
    You getting ready for some much needed rest from school??? hehehe.

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm gonna let you finish your scan and see what your getting. :)

Yeh that seems high for max PIE's. My Pioneer 112L and Lite-On LH-18A1P normally give very low PIE's, like less than 15K total.

Another thing to look at for now is the DISC cleanup feature and DISC defrag feature both available with WinXP.

.....gm

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wow 16 max pif's thats awsome, but.....UNJUST still has that record. only 6 max pif's.lol still 16 is way to sweet.

@lundy

the reason your getting the skipping and freezeing is cause you burned them at 16x's. slow them down to 8x, maybe 10x if the pioneer will allow that speed.yor not gaining alot in speed burning them that fast. slow it down and i bet anything you will see a big difference in quality when watching your backups....

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@greenman
    Sh*t I wish :) Too friggin busy - just taking a break before do some research for work - seems never ending right now - ugh!
    Is 1987 the year you graduated?

@lundy1987
    Good advice from the guys per usual!

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@binks,
    YEP!!! and you????

....gm

Man that seems like a lame answer and I'll do some fill just to make this look like a longer post. hehehe.

@cincyrob,
    Sent you a PM. ttyl buddy. :)

8. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

it is saying available target not found when i try and use the 8.29 INT one, should i just use the 1.29? iv done that one but now my pi errors are about 170 max, so theyve gone up

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

1987 thats a good year to graduate....20 year reunion comeing up

1987 amost as good as 1969 ;)

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I just thought I was leaving. hehehe.

@lundy1987,
    Try the 8.26 and see what happens. You do have everything out of the drive and nothing running that would conflict with the flash right?

If all else fails go back to the 1.26 and see what you get, it's all about getting the best result from the drive with whatever f/w gives you the that best result. Is that confusing? lol.

I don't understand why it is giving you that "error message". You did dl the right f/w right? NOT calling you silly or anything but I've done it. LOL. I had 3 lite-on's running at one time and never could remember which one I wanted to update. hehehe.

Anyway check those things and I'll be on later tonight. A card game awaits my $$$. LOL.

.....gm

EDIT:

@cincyrob,
    I like 1987 and 1968 a little better myself. LOLOLOLOL. TTYL rob, have a good night at work. :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.

HELLO!!!!!

working hard trust me.. cant ya tell im on here..lol

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok just did everyones hero.very simple movie nothing trickey to it. very short movie. cant wait to watch it..lol

[​IMG]

not bad for a short story huh. no compression at all.i only did the full screen version. im sure the wide screen had alot of added stuff. might just burn it also..

@greensman
    im burning the 8x+r media but i did waiste another ty doing it. it starts our fine then gets anywhere from 6-14% into burn and i get the bad media error. i take out that disc and put in th esmae type and it burns fine.. i jhope this is still part of the learning process.i hope im not loseing disc for nothing.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

@cincyrob,
    What are you doing up so early? lol.

Man it still doesn't make much sense why that thing is eating TY's. IMHO, I would use the 16X Litey to burn those 8X YUDENS and stop "wasting" them. Not that the drive is defective but DANG loosing a precious YUDEN T02 is heart wrenching to me. :( I said this assuming the 16X Litey doesn't eat them too. If it does then you may have some bad discs. They're genuine and all, RIGHT?

btw did you use the quick scan feature on that scan? It looks like it. 205 total PIE's and NO PIF's, QS of 100 doesn't seem possible. :)

OH! Nice dumpster haul again!!!! I may need to visit just to get my own box of dvd cases. LOL. Wait a tick, I already received my box of goodies. hehehe.

....gm

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i used the quick scan on it..lol i never new it would do that, until last night i ve never tried it before..lol thats cheating..lol

as far as my 16xlitey it burns the 8x media fine. i just did the same movie on a 8x maxell and i didnt open smartburn like i had been. webt right into writing to disc with no problem. as far as the TY's go im allmost 100% sure they are real. i got them from meritline never had a problem with anything other than the real deal from them. i mean it could be possible that i might have a bad batch of TY's i will burn the next 5 or 6 onto the maxells and see if i have a problem with them... thinking of it i have only lost 1 of them and thats when i first got the 18x drive before i got smartburn.

hey i got 3 boys 8yo 4yo and a 2yo im up early every morning.lol my oldest is th eonly one is school so far..lol so im up with him getting him ready for school.. not really a excuse seeing i am naturally up at 6:00am anyway.. guess the army did that to me..lol

here is a scan a normal scan not that cheating way..lol

this is on the maxell. got the TY scanning now
    [​IMG]
    edit to add scan

heres the 8x+r hubprintable TY
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

great scan Rob , doesn't get better than that

and i am finally feeling better

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

good to hear your doing better.

if your talking about that first one up there. nope thats cheating. i did a quick scan and got that.. look at the 2 under it those are the real deal...i honestly think it is impossible to get a 100% without cheating..lol

i decided to do blood diamond on one of the sony 16x+r(SD21). not a bad scan at all.

also did The Holiday on a 16xverb over burned @18x just for the heck of it, alot better scan than i thought it would be.

@lundy
    i know i said not to burn that fast, but im just playing around. i havent tried to watch it yet that will be the real test.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    whats suprising is this disc thats burnt at 18x has very low PIE's i would think it would be alot higher.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'll show you mine since you showed me yours. LOL. I've got one somewhere that is terrible. I'll try some more later but I don't see the use besides that you can. hehehe. Good to see that baby doing something good for a change. I'd be pissed with all those TY's that it's "FRYING". Oops sorry didn't mean to bring up a sore subject. LOL. Maybe one of your friends will send you some to replace them. hehehe.

Back later with some scans. Short burns, good scans, and watch a perfect backup!! LOL

....gm

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

@LOCOENG,
    Yep that's a good scan (burn) that Chewy shows us. As he stated that's about as good as it gets on a BENQ. How's it going buddy, well I hope. How's the railway system treatin ya???? :)

....gm

Got bored and did some 18X burns. One on the LH-18A1P and one on the Pioneer DVR-112L. ;-)

This is eragon on a TDK 003 burned at 18X with the LH_18A1P. It shows 6:17 on the shot of IMGBURN (really finished at 6:31 or something like that) but didn't do anything for almost 2 minutes before it started burning. This disc actually took less than 5 minutes to burn but the drive took forever to start for some reason. I guess getting ready for the media.
    [​IMG]

Shot of IMGBURN doing its thing. :)
    [​IMG]

Movie burned on a TYG03 burned at "18X" with the Pioneer DVR-112L. It actually didn't make it to 18X. For some reason the drive didn't like the speed and dropped down to 12X after reaching about 16.4X. It's a good high speed scan tho. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  20. lundy1987

lundy1987 Member

oh...erm no lol, 1987 is my DOB haha :)

right, just done a new scan using dvd shrink insted of nero...and look at the results, pi errors...thgers stil alot of them, but the max has dropped n the pi failures seem really good....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.