1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.7.5.1 + Windows Vista = audio sync problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by uny529, Feb 20, 2007.

1. uny529

uny529 Member

Has anyone had audio sync problems after upgrading to Windows Vista and Nero 7.7.5.1? I usually burn avi files (TV shows) to DVD and I've been having problems ever since I upgraded my operating system and installed the "Vista compatible" version of Nero. Burned videos start out okay, but become horribly out of sync with audio some ten minutes later. I've been searching the web for similar issues but haven't found a solution.

I hope some of you can share your problems/solutions related to this issue.

2. mryder66

mryder66 Member

I have just received a new laptop with vista and have noticed that the audio sync is wayyy out on avi shows. No idea why yet.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Audio Sync problems have been around a long time with Nero 7, even in XP. It seems to me the problem may depend on the type of file you are using, and the .avi file has so many varieties, it is hard to pin down exactly where the problem is coming from. Perhaps you could convert the file first using something like ConvertX. I have not tried Nero Recode to change it's encoding, but you might.

Someone the other day did say an earlier version of Nero did work correctly, but when asked which version, they never responded.

4. statl

statl Member

I recieved this response from Nero Support for a problem I had with a movie being out of synch in one spot:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please download the tool "PVAstrumento" from www.doom9.org.
    Start the program and insert your video source file.
    Now click on the button "Make PS". This will cause in one ac3 and one mpg file.
    Afterwards please start a new project in Nero Vision and insert
    both of the files.
    Now burn the project, e.g. to a harddrive folder.
    Is it working properly now?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Eric Trabold
    Nero Support

Nero AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 13-15
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
    http://www.nero.com

CEO: Richard Lesser
    Chairman of the board: Jim Corbett
    Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 362519

I must say the PVAstrumento corrected the problem with this movie

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Good info, and I will remember that in the future. But in reality, you are still having to use something other than Nero to do the job, which was suggested.

Too bad Nero did not go into why they wanted the streams split--could it be their built-in utilities are not up for the job! I also wonder if they have finally seen a problem and perhaps may be on track for some type of fix!! That software is listed under Digital TV--maybe this is the common link.

I am assuming you told them it worked?
    Just noticed it does not appear to work on .avi files---

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  6. uny529

uny529 Member

In earlier versions of Nero 7, I could simply disable some Nero filters (specifically NeVideo.ax and NeAudio.ax)and that seemed to solve the audio sync problem. Even though this fix caused me to lose functionality in other Nero programs like Nero Showtime and Nero Recode, it didn't bother be so much as I hardly ever used these other programs. Anyway, disabling Nero filters on the latest Nero 7 does not appear to work anymore.

7. mryder66

mryder66 Member

My problem was more in the realm of playing avi files that I had not recorded. They worked fine on my old XP system, but were horribly out of sync on the new laptop that came with Vista.

For what its worth I have solved the problem (albeit in a crude manner). I downloaded and installed the K-Lite codec pack at the following address.

www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Once this was installed everything ran perfectly.

8. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

More Good information!!!!

Mryder66, could you post part of your log in the area of where the video is processed? It might look something like below. I would be interested in seeing if the Nero Video Decoder had been replaced. It would be really good if you could post the before and after versions! The audio portion might be important also. I would think uny529 would have similar changes as you.

MMTools {E206E4DE-A7EE-4A62-B3E9-4FBC8FE84C73} - Nero Digital Parser
    [09:38:34] MMTools {C0BA9CF8-96E0-4C34-B5DE-E92C3FC05ED6} - Nero Video Decoder
    [09:38:34] MMTools SourceBuilder: file type MP4 - video

MMTools {E206E4DE-A7EE-4A62-B3E9-4FBC8FE84C73} - Nero Digital Parser
    [09:40:06] MMTools {83E69A3D-56A5-4850-89C9-F6B6F003EB9B} - NeAudio2
    [09:40:06] MMTools SourceBuilder: file type MP4 - audio

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  9. oxosbase

oxosbase Member

i am still using xp. when i updated to the latest version of Nero everything i down loaded or tried to burn was way out of sync.i went back to the earlier version of Nero and the problem went away. im waiting for another up date to see if they have solved the problem. does anybody know when a new version is due for release?

the version im using at the moment is Nero 7.5.9.0

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  10. uny529

uny529 Member

mryder66, which version of the K-Lited Codec Pack did you install (basic, standard or full)? Also, did you disable any Nero filters before installing the codec pack?

I will try downloading the full version of K-Lite. I hope I will be able to get the same perfect results as mryder66.

11. mryder66

mryder66 Member

uny529,

I'm not sure which version I downloaded, but the file is called klcodec284f and it's 17,912KB.

I did not touch anything to do with Nero, just installed k-lite and it worked fine.

saltgrass,

I'm not sure what you want me to post, but I think you are assuming I am recoding using nero. This is incorrect. The issue I had was poor syncing when playing file that had been downloaded (mostly avi). The issue was common across players - but only when using Vista.

hope this helps

12. uny529

uny529 Member

mryder66,

tyvm. That's the full version.

saltgrass,

I'd like to post my Nero log, but where do I find it?

Thanks.

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

History logs located here

Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

14. uny529

uny529 Member

Installed K-Lite codec pack. Burned AVI file to DVD. Everything started out fine, no audio out of sync problem. Thirty minutes later, video went into slow motion while sound continued normally, resulting in a horrible out-of-sync situation.

Checked the log file and found this error repeated continuously:

[20:31:30] MMTools ERROR creating COM object decoderCLSID:IID_IBaseFilter - Error: 0x80040154 (Class not registered)
    [20:31:30] MMTools decoderCLSID={C0BA9CF8-96E0-4C34-B5DE-E92C3FC05ED6
    [20:31:30] MMTools IID_IBaseFilter={56A86895-0AD4-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

15. sts_eai

sts_eai Member

Hi folks,

I'm sure I found a solution that should work for all similar probs with Nero 7.x (...).
    As I'm not very familiar with all these sound related things and didn't find any really useful information, I started 2 do what I usually really dislike: Trial & Error.

Here is my solution:

I used the K-Lite tool named "K-Lite's Tweak Tool". In my case it is a part of the recent Vista Codec Pack, but I'm sure it is also included in other packs.
    Started it, ran all "fixes" and (this really helped ->) "disabled" every codec or filter named "nero*" (in my case 2; 1 filter and 1 codec).

Guess what happened: All works fine now! These guys at Nero should think about their profession in my eyes...

rgds

btw: I read they started a close co-operation with Microsoft; perhaps there is something like a "minimal bug policy"... ;)

16. neo2

neo2 Member

ive had audio sync problems with nero 7 also. for some reason some versions work fine and others dont. for me 7.751 and the new 7.850 are both out of sync. through trial/error i believe it has to do with a filter called NeVideo.ax.
    i have 2 solutions to fix it

1. first u can type this in the run box:

regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

this will unregister the filter and should take care of the audio sync problem. however, i am unsure if it is needed for other options in other nero software applications. (if u need to reregister the filter type
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

OR

2. this is what i did: i replaced the NeVideo filter with one i saved from a previous version which worked for me. this put everything back in sync and i have no problems with other apps in Nero. i used the filter from nero 7.590a.
    the filter is located in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter

heres a link for a copy of NeVideo.ax. just replace it with the one in use. make sure all nero apps are closed otherwise the filter will be locked.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/21981653/NeVideo.ax
    good luck
    ps
    if any1 knows how to fix the problem without switching or shutting off the filter please let me know

thx
    neo

heres a link to an older version of NeVideo.ax from Nero 7.012. the one above or this one should definitely work for u.

http://rapidshare.com/files/21986815/NeVideo.ax

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  17. crisbones

crisbones Guest

Nice one Mate!!!!! Swapping those files (NeVideo.Ax)in the common files/ahead/nero/dsfilters has sorted the sound delay problem a treat......Nice 1