1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iriver H10 Difficulty Synchronising

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by rkMerafel, Feb 20, 2007.

1. rkMerafel

rkMerafel Member

Hi.

I have an iriver H10 20GB which has up until a few weeks ago worked (almost) perfectly. The problems started when WMP updated itself to version 11. It would interact with it, but would not put playlists on it, or if it did, instead of grouping the files already on the machine into a playlist it would put another copy of the song onto it. As about a quarter of all my music is in playlists, this is a problem.

I have since rolled back to WMP 10, but I'l still getting the same problem. To get around the problem of songs not being put on it properly, I ended up drag-and-dropping my whole library in one go (which took about an hour), and that works fine. But now, I can't get any playlists onto it.

Yes, I've formatted my device, refreshed its database, etc. They only thing I haven't done is thrown it at the wall, as strong as the temptation has been.

The file format for playlists on the device are .pla files. I've tried to save both .wpl and .m3u files as .pla files through notepad, which doesn't work, I've scoured the internet for a .wpl/.m3u to /pla converter, and when I was doing this, these forums came up. So. Could anyone give me a hand? My main concern in getting playlists onto the device. If someone could tell me how to create .pla playlists so I can drag-and-drop them onto the device, that would be all I need.

Thanks.

2. lancer31

lancer31 Member

I have the same problem and am really ticked off about it.
    did you ever try to database refresh.
    that when the problem started with me.