AfterDawn Forums

AVG FREE antivirus expired???

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

I don't get it. If its FREE how can it be expired? AVG has worked splendidly for me for a long time. Than about a month ago I started to get messages saying only so many days left. It has expired and the messages now say "AVG Antivirus Free Editon 7.1 is no longer supported. Continue protecting yourself and your PC. Upgrade now.....$29.95

Can I simply delete my present AVG application and download it again to start anew? Anyone been through this and can tell me what to do? I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

Compaq Presario SR1730T & lapttop Emachine M5405. Windows XP Home, CD-RW, DVD-RW
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
they just discontinued support for 7.1 version. download free 7.5 version from this link. http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/...anti-virus-free
Thanks heaps. Must I uninstall or delete 7.1 first or will the latter write over the previous?

Compaq Presario SR1730T & lapttop Emachine M5405. Windows XP Home, CD-RW, DVD-RW
do a repair as it is 1 of 3 options. if doesn't work as have found a couple of times than uninstall the 7.1 ver, probably have to restart computer & do fresh install.
I am using AVG Free. During one of my recent Updates, the program itself just served up the new version as an Update. No problems at all. But if there is a problem, then uninstall the old and install the new.
Thanks for the help and link. Sounds good to me

no problem, teach & learn
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.