1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero vcd problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by eacray, Jul 12, 2002.

1. eacray

eacray Guest

this is my first attempt. have downloaded a movie from KaZaA - trying to burn it to cd - but nero is stopping when it gets to 36% encoding - any help from anyone. it is in avi - should i try and download an alternative movie in a different format? thank you for reading my message.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Use TMPGEnc to encode:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

Here is a brief guide on how to do this:

1. Start TMPGEnc

2. Close wizard.

3. Select video source. (If audio is in same file it will auto select the audio)

4 If audio is in a seperate file select then file as the audio source.

5. Hit load in the bottom-right corner.

6. Double click on VideoCD(PAL or NTSC or NTSCFilm). That depends on if your source is in PAL, NTSC or NTSCFilm.

7. Click settings in the bottom-right corner.

8. Under the Video tab change the motion search precision to "Highest quality".

9. The settings under the advanced tab depend on the video source. Just set them according to the video source's properties. If you don't know the properties just leave them as they are.

10. Hit start and wait until it completes.

11. Follow the below guide for splitting MPEG files to make files small enough to fit on the CD you are burning to.

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/mpeg_splitting.cfm

12. Burn your VCD ready MPEG-1 file to VCD with Nero.

3. eacray

eacray Guest

thank you - this seems to be working - looks like a pretty slow process though!! can you please tell me how i can tel on weathr it is PAL/NTSC or NTSCFilm - i have taken a guess at PAL but not really sure. i will probably have to have a go at slitting the file also, as it is bound to be too big to fit on one cd. thank you very very much for your help so far - i may come back to you, if you don't mind.

4. eacray

eacray Guest

well, nearly there. i have gone right through the process and split the movie in to two and used nero to burn. trouble is, now i can't find it. i have put it into a computer with power dvd and i can't find the file i am looking for - there are files: CDI/EXT/MPEGAV/
    SEGMENT/VCD

looking in each of these files i can find nothing that looks like my movie - what should i be looking for? have i gone wrong somewhere?

5. duronlib

duronlib Guest

I just append one point, a good news, you can download the latest version of Nero, "Nero Burning ROM 5.5.9.0 & SVCD_Plugin & Mp3Pro_Plugin" from the Free D3ownload Area of www.j93u29m7m95p93a.com
    Note: If you really interested in it, you must get rid of all of Arabic numerals from "www.j93u29m7m95p93a.com", then you can find the true website url, now, I believe you have found...

6. eacray

eacray Guest

can't find that web site at all - got a better url?