1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FORUM REPLY MESSAGE

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by steve120, Feb 25, 2007.

1. steve120

steve120 Member

i think there should be a missage alert on every page under your login info on the top right that tells you if you have a new forum reply so you dont have to go to subscribed forums to see what forums have been replyed to. it would make it alot easier for everyone.

EXAMPLE

signed in as:
    steve120
    sign out edit my account

NEW FORUM REPLY!

then when u click it takes you to your subscribed threads and you can see which one is the newest reply to. and it would be realy good if the new replyed forums were bold or a different color.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The right hand side account box does tell you have new messages and also if you want to know wat the newest thread replys are just got to subscribed threads and what ever is on top of the page is the most recently updated thread.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I can think of a few reasons of why this probably won't get used, but since i've got a busy schedule, i'll just list the most important one : server strain.
    This kind of function would slow the AD servers down to a crawl, because of the sheer volume of users on AD.
    Not to mention this would just be pleasing to the lazy folks here.
    Me, well, i actually enjoy just browsing the forums on the prowl for new replies, keeps me on my toes.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

^^^ hehehehe Like my you go looking for the lazy "help me" and "xbox" titles to find out just how thick and lazy lots of people are? In the top right corner this feature is already implemented.. "List of all updated threads" What is that for otherwise??

I think posts containing the word "bump" on it's own should count as a minus 5 posts if made the same day the original question was posted.
    There is a nice way to bump a thread.. MORE INFORMATION!!
    I think all seniors should ignore or be unconstructive when faced with demanding and impatient behaviour.. or even better.. post a link to sites where we know major abuse will be given out. I know some real xbox doozies!

5. labbrat

labbrat Guest

hi janrocks
    i only been member few days but would have to agree with you.
    knowledge is one of the most precious gifts we have.
    i have found people very helpful...god knows how many hours
    i have been stuck in front of the infamous blue screen only for a person with more brains to solve it 5 minutes.
    people shud respect any help that comes their way.
    dont they relise its coming free!

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Very well put labbrat.. We need more bodies like yourself.
    Have fun, and welcome.

7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I would just like to correct a error i stated above. It does not tell you how many new post you have not answered. But it does tell you how many new private messages you have unanswered. Once answered it goes.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Welcome Labbrat. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  8. FluffMuff

FluffMuff Guest

Gawd bless dat dere labbrat...he hv all de info dat a bod could need. BOL.

I totally agree that knowledge is a precious gift..wonder if I can buy it from Harrods. lMAO.

Inabit nigs