AfterDawn Forums

convert my usb flash drive for use with ps2

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Hey,
Sorry, but I'm new to afterdawn.com and I know that this issue has been address before, but I still don't understant. I'm not very smart when it comes to computer stuff. Can some one please give me step by step instructions EXACTLY HOW, WHERE, or WHAT I should do so I can reformat it for use with the PlayStation 2.
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
xhardc0re Suspended due non-functional email address
u need to signup to the site (free) but try this link: CMGSCCC.com
i think FAT32 will be OK (try FAT if F32 won't work), default settings. the PS2 won't read any usb device unless firmware (FW) or software is using it. It's not like the PSP media manager or PS3. On newer PS2 systems (SCPH-75001) the usb FW has been rewritten and many usb will not work. Codebreaker v9.2 has outdated FW on the disc & won't work with v13-v14 systems. They might release a newer version to fix this but i doubt it. Try action replay MAX for cheats if u have a newer ps2.
this thread (cmgsccc.com again) talks about general game save & DAY1 code issues.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Mar 2007 @ 13:07

if you're a college student, do NOT settle with the RIAA http://tinyurl.com/37oz2z

~ SlimPS2 v15US, PSP v3.60FW, TaiyoYuden DVD-R, SwapMagic_v3.6 & BreakerPro 1.1 (No mod)
Writer: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N 0G03 SW: DVDDecrypt*r,
lastest Nero Ultra 7 & Alcohol 120% ~
so i guess it's not as simple as 'right' click somewhere...also would you know that once I've reformatted it into fat32, would i be albe to use the rest of the space for normal files? thanks
xhardc0re Suspended due non-functional email address
d0000d, those two links i posted answer all your questions!!1!

just like an iPod, you can store files on your USB stick & still have access to the regular files on the /root of the drive. You still haven't said what you want to do with this anyway. Are you using a codebreaker? want to run Reality Media Player?? http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-7621.html

if you're a college student, do NOT settle with the RIAA http://tinyurl.com/37oz2z

~ SlimPS2 v15US, PSP v3.60FW, TaiyoYuden DVD-R, SwapMagic_v3.6 & BreakerPro 1.1 (No mod)
Writer: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N 0G03 SW: DVDDecrypt*r,
lastest Nero Ultra 7 & Alcohol 120% ~
Wont that mess up your flash drive? Besides I thought you only did that if your memory card suddenly said unformatted out of the blue. Why does it do that anyway?...
doyou think the codebreaker v9.3 can allow the v14 SCPH-75001 use usb flash drive ???
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.