AfterDawn Forums

is there a .FLV codec for windows media player????

Recommended: How to play FLV files

my problem isint that i cant find a flv player, its that i want to be able to play my .flv files in windows media player. i saw on my friends alienware computer that he was doing this and i asked how, he said "it just did". so i did a google search but came up short... afterdawn is my last hope. Im only looking for a .flv codec pack that will allow .flv files to play on windows media player
▼▼ This topic has 39 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
have you tryed vlc player? i understand that this player will play almost any file
yes i have vlc player but its not the player that im looking for, its the codec that will allow me to play the .flv movie files in windows media player. any ideas on where to get somthing like that???
SEE IF THIS HELPS YE

K-Lite codec Pack Full 2.85
K-Lite codec Pack Standard 2.85
K-Lite codec Pack Basic 2.85

GO HERE TO CHECK IT OUT AND TO DOWNLOAD
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61/295688#2865069
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! thanx ireland the codecs did just the trick!!! u kick asssss yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Originally posted by PantherX:
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! thanx ireland the codecs did just the trick!!! u kick asssss yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
chetinpx
I SEE YOUR PADDING YOUR POST COUNT...BY QUOTING chetinpx..

read the RULES .
here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
chetinpx, don't do it again or i'll pad you off this site!!
Sorry to offend...I didn't know I had accidently responded...was going to say that I downloaded and installed K-lite codec Pack and haven't been able to make Windows Media Player play flv files with it yet. Is there a config or something other than installing it to make it perform as you indicated it would?

I'm just a novice looking for help.
Originally posted by chetinpx:
Sorry to offend...I didn't know I had accidently responded...was going to say that I downloaded and installed K-lite codec Pack and haven't been able to make Windows Media Player play flv files with it yet. Is there a config or something other than installing it to make it perform as you indicated it would?

I'm just a novice looking for help.
I was looking for help on this earlier today. If you did not already solve the problem, just download the full codec set (instead of the LITE) version. Worked for me anyway on an XP machine.

JW
Dear PanterX
if you'd like to play flv files by your windows media player , just download and install adobe flash player . your windows media player will be able to play all flv files. Thata all ! Be succeed !
your answer for this is: http://www.playflv.com/

its a window media player plugin

val48
Originally posted by val48:
your answer for this is: http://www.playflv.com/

its a window media player plugin

val48

thanx val48 withe the k-lite codec pack i was able to play flv files in windows media player from youtube butno other site. now it plays them all. AHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!
hie there pantherx,
i just saw ur msg and followed the same style to download the k-lite and another codecs as well called storm codecs,but still im unable to play .flv with my windows media player. can you please advice me on this matter
thanks mate
Originally posted by mamamitha:
hie there pantherx,
i just saw ur msg and followed the same style to download the k-lite and another codecs as well called storm codecs,but still im unable to play .flv with my windows media player. can you please advice me on this matter
thanks mate
i not install k-lite codec, just installed PlayFLV and ffdshow, my Windows Media Player v11 able to play .flv. If u still installed klite, play .flv with Windows Media Player Classic, do not with WinMP above v9.
success,.........
pearl1214 Suspended account
u can try moyea flv to video converter, I've been using it for a long time. it is able to convert any flv files to avi,wmv, mov for play on popular video players, such as windows media player,you can follow the tutorial step by step I give you step by step, it works fine for me, I wish you haven't any problem too!
edited by ddp
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Sep 2007 @ 13:43
I had trouble playing flv files in media player. Even the suggested codec didn't work.

I then downloaded and tried the Windows Vista codec pack and installed it on my XP machine. Everything is now working fine and I can play flv files with no problems.

http://www.free-codecs.com/Vista_Codec_Package_download.htm
my wmp now plays .FLV files, but plays them upside down :|, any ideas how to fix this?

Jason
GeoDude Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by pooptash:
my wmp now plays .FLV files, but plays them upside down :|, any ideas how to fix this?
Turn your monitor upside down, or stand on your head... ;-)

I couldn't resist that.... sorry!

---
Geo
Hey guys the only codec pack that i have is CCC (Combined Community Codec) and i just right-click on .flv files and select 'Open With...', Windows Media Player and checked the 'Always Use Selected Program...' button and they work fine after telling WMP to ignore any error messages that popped up about it

CCC is the only codec i use because it doesn't work well with others and i can play everything that i come across so...

This is just so u have another way in case u don't like the ones already suggested

97% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD. IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 3% WHO WILL, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
MediaCoder 0.6.0.38.80
Author: Yi-Chun Huang
Date: 2007-09-22
Size: 16.9 Mb
License: Freeware (GPL)
Requires: 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003

MediaCoder is a free universal audio/video batch transcoder, putting together lots of excellent audio/video codecs and tools from the open source community into an all-in-one solution, capable of transcoding among different audio/video formats with many extra features.

Typical applications:
- Improving compression / reducing file size
- Converting from lossless/high-bitrate audio to low-bitrate audio to play with portable DAP
- Converting to device (mobile phone, PDA, MP4 player, PSP, VCD/DVD player)
- Extracting audio tracks from video clips
- Ripping CD/VCD/DVD

Supported source formats:
- Audio: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, AAC, MusePack, WMA, RealAudio, FLAC, WavPack, APE/APL, WAV
- Video: AVI (Xvid/DivX/H.264), MPEG1/2/4, QuickTime (mov), WMV/ASF, RealMedia (rmvb), MP4, Matroska (mkv)
CUE Sheets, CD, VCD, DVD

Supported target audio formats:
- Lossy: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, AAC, AAC+/Parametric Stereo, MusePack, WMA
- Lossless: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio (APE), WMA Lossless, WAV

Supported target video formats:
- H.264, Xvid, DivX 4/5, MPEG1/2/4, H.263 etc.

Supported target container formats:
- AVI, MPEG, Matroska, MP4, PMP (PSP Media Player Format)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.majorgeeks.com/MediaCoder_d4987.html
Originally posted by pearl1214:
u can try moyea flv to video converter, I've been using it for a long time. it is able to convert any flv files to avi,wmv, mov for play on popular video players, such as windows media player,you can follow the tutorial step by step I give you step by step, it works fine for me, I wish you haven't any problem too!
edited by ddp
hey, i've been looking for something like this to convert flv. do you know is there anywhere it can be downloaded for free? and by that i mean not the unregistered trial version which requiries payment after the trial period. :) thanks.
Flv Extract will split the file into avi and mp3. Then combine/recode with Virtualdub.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.