1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero StartSmart Problem under VISTA

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ajdo, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ajdo

ajdo Guest

When Nero "StartSmart" starts, I only get the outer skin but nothing inside the window. It seems the Glass support skin added under Windows Vista has some issue.
    Uninstalled and install a few times... used Nero Cleanup tools... Nothing doing... It still open with the outer skin and NO Glass support skin added under Windows Vista. I can actually click on icons within the startsmart window!!!

Any idea how to fix this issue?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

No reason to reinstall, it won't help. Nero has acknowledged a bug in Vista concerning this. It is supposed to be fixed in some update after 7.7.5.1.

For now, right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Look at left side of window for "Adjust Font Size (DPI)". Set it back to 96 DPI and it should work.

3. ajdo

ajdo Guest

Thank You Very Much for the information... It works !!

4. jason7777

jason7777 Member

7.8.5.0 still has the same issue. If you set the display to "Vista Basic" it works, but the whole point of Vista is the "Aero" feature.

5. HiDefNZ

HiDefNZ Member

I'm having the same problem too - it seems to work under Aero though, just not when text is set at 120dpi. Text is so small on my lcd monitor when at 96dpi that I might just have to go with another brand of CD/DVD burning software.

6. jason7777

jason7777 Member

Yes, but it will work at 120 dpi, but set to Vista Basic mode.