1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed MPT 4.3.6c, Still need to unlock?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ID10Teror, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ID10Teror

ID10Teror Member

I installed MPT 4.3.6c, but I don't see how to put mp3 on it or anything other than editing my phone book. Do I need to unlock it? If so can someone plz help me with that.

*edit*- VZW Krazr k1m

TIA

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. parker118

parker118 Member

where did you find the link to download it i cant seem to find one that works

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Starthere guys,If I'm correct, your phones are CDMA and need to have a little seem editing done to get them to accept file transfers thru a USB. Verizon, Cingular, and Alltel seem to block MPT from importing ringtones into your Razr so that you buy the tones from their online store.
    more info There is a little work involved in getting your phones to work but trust me, it is worth it. Verizon V3M good luck and don't be afraid to Google for what you seek. It is against the rules to link to warez and possibly pirated software, so I have to leave you up to your own smarts to figure this one out, I've given you a starting point, the rest is up to you.

4. parker118

parker118 Member

I couldnt understand how to seem edit my krazr so i went ahead and hooked up another phone to see if the mpt would work for it and i still cant get into the multimedia studio can you help me?

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I need your model number, Seem editing will turn on certain features that your carrier has turned off for your particular phone. MPT Multimedia studio is the prime example, they want you to pay to have ringtones downloaded into your phone, when you could just turn on the USB file transfer option, then make MPT think your phone is a different model, and voila! all the free ringtones, wallpapers, and other digital images you want right on your phone! Heck, if I could figure it out, you can.

6. ID10Teror

ID10Teror Member

parker118, have you gotten a good copy of MPT yet I am looking for the thread where I found the link, i can't seem to find it. It was one of those pages where you hhave to wait 45-60 sec to download then type the scrambled letters on the page in, it took me a couple tries before I figured out what I had to do. The version I got didn't work with my Krazr at first, I had to let it install with a generic phone the I ran live update multiple times until I finally got to 4.3.6c. then it installed the Krazr.

blivetNC, I haven't really figured out the seem editing yet, I have mpt recongnizing my krazr, and I DL p2kman, I still reading the links you posted earlier. my phone is KRAZR K1m S/w 24.1_00.250C

7. parker118

parker118 Member

I did get a working copy of mpt and had to run the udates like your other thread said you did and i got it recognize my krazr but i still cant get into the multimedia studio it doesnt even show it as a option to get into i tried using a v325 but i still couldnt get into the multimedia studio it said i couldnt run it while running somthing else i cant remember i dont have the phone now to check it but if you figure out how to seem edit or put mp3s on the phone let me now asap please!!

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

9. parker118

parker118 Member

i was wondering if you knew wwhy whenever i try to seem edit my phone i gget a message that says not connected when i try to load from my phone i have a motorola usb driver and pst 7.2.3 and it still wont work please help

10. ID10Teror

ID10Teror Member

yeah I got phone not connected also, I have been able drag and drop mp3s though using wmp 10, also when installed the memory card are able to be accesed through my computer, but I was having a problem with my miniSD 1gb card and a i am waiting on a new one. it would fill to like 400mbs then it would disconnect and could no longer be accessed through the phone, and the phone would not sync with the caard installed until it was reformatted .

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

12. parker118

parker118 Member

I do have the seem edit program but when i go to load from my phone like it says to do in that link it pops an error up that says not connected and i have my phone recognized and i cant seem to figure out why this message appears

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

with both programs running, unplug the phone, wait a minute, then plug it back in.

14. MamaMia86

MamaMia86 Member

how do i "hack" my motorola slvr l7c? i have the phone tools but theres no multimedia icon. I want to upload pictures and mp3s to my phone, please help!

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

start here, Motomodders
    I don't have this phone so I don't know anything about it.