1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best method for transfering dvd9 to dvd5???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by gus738, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus738

gus738 Guest

hey guys well here's a new one i bought a dbz season 1 set they are 6 disc and these well i wanna watch these in the with best possible results ..... i want to save these from getting damged too so i wanted to know which method was the best to backup a dvd9 to dvd5?
    I bought anydvd and clonedvd2 and i can also get my hands on other apps i have a xps 700 so the specs are high end or atlest i think so..... i dont have dl disc do it has to be dvd5, On clonedvd2 it said 49% (red metor) based on that transfer from dvd9 to dvd5 and will be watching this in 2 diffrent tvs. one is a 27'' and the other is 38'' one full hd and one isnt. so whats best aps you guys think is best? rat dvd? dvd re etc etc.....

btw im sorry dont know where is the proper place to post this....

2. onya

onya Guest

Since I also purchased this "dynamic duo" It would be a rare occaision if clone was fired up, not to say it doesn't come in handy though.... :) At 49%, the viewing quality, to be brutal, would be rubbish! What's needed of you is to uncheck any extras you can live without, or choose the movie only. This will greatly improve the overall quality of your backups......but at that cost.
    Personally I use AnyDvd, DvdShrink, Dvd Fab Decrypter, Dvd decrypter, FixVts, RipIt4me, Nero, ImgBurn, VobBlanker, Menushrink and Alcohol 120%. These apps will get me through, in different combinations, to make a high quality backup.
    To download most of these and get guides on how to use them, visit this SITE.

Follow the guides carefully, and you'll be ripping and burning high quality backups in no time at all. All the best Gus738.

Cheers.

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

hey thanks for replying but im aware that if i remove extras i would have space i guess i should of specified all menu and options and the listed programs well thats great the more the merrier but anydvd should get you without any problems as far as decrypting goes lol....

well i usualy do my movies backups and end up on that meter but these are well better dvds that i wish to backup to have more high end results..... and even if i wanted to remove extras i couldnt theirs none its just the eps......

i can get my hands on dvd-rb with cce sp 2 2.70 or higher but the time i spent backing it up wouldnt it be better to invest in a dl disc? assuming money wise on eletric bill ?

i have a high end pc that has good specs would this help?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

For episode disks I have found the best way to do these is to split them up to 3 episodes per disk. You can use this guide I created Here You could also use CloneDVD2 to do this as well just select "Copy DVD Titles" at the first step and then check your first 3 titles in the next window. It is pretty easy and produces a very good quality DVD.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  5. gus738

gus738 Guest

ok let me explain lol i have dbz season 1 vegeta saga 6 disc total disc 1-5 are 7.xx gbs disc 6 is 5.xx gbs , all the eps are together in 2 big title sets i think it said angle 1 and angle 2 but one is jap language and othe is english so in other words i cant select each title set so i gotta find a complete backup solutoin method for backing the disc up

6. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

gus,
    whats up buddy. I'm not sure i have the answer....but....i burn using IMG Burn quite a bit. that program(and i'm sure others)intigrates a program called DVDinfoPro, which can analyze the quality of your back-ups:) give it a try using both.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com
    have a good one!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  7. gus738

gus738 Guest

ok i have dvd shrink clonedvd2 with anydvd and dvd fab platinum, now my question is which program gives better quality results backing up a dvd9 to dvd5 due to conpression requirements to fit on a dvd5? clonedvd2 says 49% dvdfab says 57% and dvd shrink well if i understand it correctly its 51.x % now dvd fab seems to have the edge but is it 57% meaning higher compared to clonedvd2 which is 49? or what? i dont get it and i would apriciate if someone can explin it thanks....

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

With that much compression I wouldn't use any of those your best and only option in my opion would be ReBuilder. If you must use one of those I would say to use CloneDVD2 and split the disk in half. This can be done pretty easy with that program and you will not loose any quality. You will of course end up with 2x as many disc's when completed but you will have the best quality available and it seems to me from reading your post that is what you are after?

If you need to know how to make a 1 for 1 exact copy using Clone DVD take a look at this guide 1:1 backup using CloneDVD2 You will not loose a thing doing it this way to include title, extras and ect..

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Gus, you got a week vacation for multiposting. A senior member should damn well know better than to multipost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.