1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tizler

tizler Regular member

hmm

sounds interesting

but

surely with a scart splitter, you have to select which scart to use - so you cannot use them both???

let me think this through

sure that wont work, cos if you watch the tv in the lounge - u choose the scart connected to that and the other scart connected to the modulator will not work - the idea of the split is for all tvs to get a signal at the same time - the main tv in the lounge via the scart and the others via the rf out.

would it work through the video - not sure it would either, wht you need is two scart outputs, that work simultaenously from one input - not sure it exists, all i have seen are scart splitters that can only use one connection at a time

2. tizler

tizler Regular member

ok - looked into this and you can get scart splitters that are not selected and am guessing now that the signal, cos it would be the same thing transmitted - then there would be no interferance and it might work. There are diff ones on the market - here are a couple

Code:
    http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165_109&products_id=694
    Code:
    http://www.astarsolutions.co.uk/products/?pc=1135

3. tizler

tizler Regular member

gosh - this thread is getting long!! - but have made another discovery!!
    The replay has RCA out - which i didnt think worked, but they do, just tested them. Thats the white/red/yellow leads, for those that do not know and you can get connectors with these one end and a scart the other.
    Well the beauty of this (I am hoping) is that you use the normal scart for tv (or this one) and the RCA connectors to the modulator which then connects to the tv aerial booster/splitter

YAHAY!!

good job i thought, saves buying the scart splitter, will just get the modulator and test.

Brian, you say the top one, but what about the one furthe down, that is slightly cheaper - surely thats all you need, it says about converting an av signal to rf for older tvs - sounds good to me. Its the 4th down >> RF modulator with scart in?

Looks fav to me

4. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi tizler,

I had a look at those sites, You can buy those scart splitters in most electrical shops.

On the two way scart.
    All the pins are wired so it is suitable for RGB and S/VHS connections.
    This device isn't switched so all of the sockets and the scart plug are connected together, so if you are using this for lots of devices such as a VCR, Digi box, DVD player then all the other devices will need to be in standby mode or switched off while you watch one of the devices, otherwise the pictures and sound will overlap. This device can be used for splitting or combining signals.

On Your TV's you would be only to watch what is on your replay lite box, you probably wouldn't be able to tune it to normal stations.
    But who cares, as long as you can see what you want to see.

The modulator, on it's own should work,but at this stage can't we can't tell what the picture would be like through the rf cable till we buy one.

You seem very knowledgeable on this stuff, do you work for nhell???

Nitenite

5. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Tiz,

I just looked at the modulator site site again.
    The fourth one down you were thinking of, dosen't have RCA connections.
    http://www.threedoubleyou.com/rfmodulators.htm

The top on does and if I win a few euro on the lotto, it's the bottom one for me, it would look good in my new mansion by the pool in the pool room.

6. tizler

tizler Regular member

Good point Brian!! Of course, after my recent discovery, the RCA connectors are the way to go - silly me

Looks like we both will be going for the top one and the very last when we win the lotto - share if either of us win? Wonder if my hubby has checked our numbers yet - let me see - if we win, i buy you the last one too - the mansion, well thats down to you lol

o Just seen and realised - only need RCA leads one end, for the replay box and scart is at the other end, so it would be ok - but wonder about the frequencys they mention - whether the dearer one is better - decisions

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  7. tizler

tizler Regular member

If you search for rf modulator, theres quite a few on ebay - just looking

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi tizler,

I think I will give ebay a miss, I would rather buy off a more reliable source.

I have to go off to the beach now, the three little monsters want to go. Sally 12, Colleen 11 and little Georgie 18 months, he gets so excited when he know he's going out. Just watch start of Grand Prix first, then tape it and back for Spurs V United. Come on the Spurs.

Enjoy the afternoon, I'm off now.

9. tizler

tizler Regular member

You were robbed!!

Deffo hand ball

boring first hour, but exciting near the end

Shame about lewis and puncture

Hope you had a good day on the beach ;)

10. pfogo

pfogo Member

HI BRIAN
    Just to let you know password problem is fixed the chap I bought the replay lite off had a look at it and said he could not fix so he replaced it guess Iwill be recommending him from now on Once again thanks for all your help. By the way does your transformer get very warm after about an hour on I also see you have a good replay mate in Tizler Dont antisipate any more problems with you two replay junkies on board

11. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi pfogo,

Delighted you got the box replaced.

My transformer is the same, I think they all are, I unplug mine at night to let it cool down and have not had any problems with it or the box. They got wacked by lightning a while ago and I had to replace them, just brought the dead lead into maplins and they hooked me up with new ones.

This is a good forum to learn about the boxes, I have learnt a lot from people on this forum who have helped me in the past.
    They are a great bunch here, very helpful.

Happy Viewing

12. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi tizler,

Yes a boring first hour, I was dissapointed spurs played that way, defensive.
    To be honest I didn't think it was a peno, but I did think the ref was a bit of a homer.

Poor Lewis Hamilton, a bit of bad luck today but on that track he wasn't going to pass the Ferrari's.

It was a bit windy on the beach,I'm knackered from running around with the little monsters.

Hope you had a good day Tizler.

13. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi can anyone help every time I put box in stand by after one hr or so the timer resets to 0100 and starts over from there when i turn back on it resets to correct time anyone know why its the pvr box

14. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian,did you get message i sent asking,if i buy a replay lite box from retailer that is not ebay,with box that is blank,which software would i have to load to get it working upto the standard you can buy that is plug and play ready?if you didnt get said message,can you tell me what you iknow about the subject,thankyou

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

The software you need is V 7.52 & you will also need the software to talk to the box. Everything you will need software wise can be downloaded from this link.
    http://eko.4shared.com/

16. reds05

reds05 Member

oops forgot one more question too,what can you tell me about REPLAY BOX PVR C100 in comparrison to a replay lite box?they use same codes?which is better? any help on the subject would be grateful

17. tizler

tizler Regular member

wouldnt mind knowing about replay pvr

is there a replay lite pvr around or in the offing?

Might be interesting

18. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red 05,

No I didn't get the message,but to answer your question.

You will have to what is called "flash the box" with the latest software.

First you will need to buy a NULL MODEM LEAD, this can be bought from maplins. Make sure the part number L17BT is on the front of the packet.

Dowload the software from the link at the bottom of the page.

You need to download the file called 752 it's in the replay/firmware section.
    In the replay/documation section download the flashing the box file, it will guide through the process on how to flash the box.

When you have all the files required.
    PLug in the null modem to your box and computer, switch on the box.
    Open up the 752 file, you will see a file called stblik, click on it, choose run, and then get connection from your box to the pc.
    Then choose upgrade software, this will put the 752 on your box.
    you will see all the files transfering from your computer to the box.
    There are 515blocks to transfer, during this time look at at the box, the red/green lightwill blink slowly, when all the block are transferred WAITA COUPLE MINUTES MORE UNTIL YOU SEE THE RED/GREEN LIGHT BLINKING MUCH MUCH FASTER THAN IT WAS WHEN YOU COULD THE FILES VISIBLY TRANSFERRING.
    If you unplug the box too early, you will get a dead box.

It is extremely important to wait for the very very fast blinking red/green light.When you get the light, unplug the box and modem led, and power up the box again WITH nothing attached other than the power lead. the box will come on and flash very briefly. Connect the scart and TV antenna lead, unplug and plug in the box again.

To check if the flash was good. On your remote control go to MENU.
    Utility,Receiver Information,OK (on your remote)
    SW Version should read 7.52

If this is ok you will then have to do a scan for stations.

After scan is complete and your stations saved,

Go to menu,
    User Installation
    Parental lock
    Current password 0000
    Parental lock –off
    Install lock ----off
    New password 7777
    Confirm password 7777
    Exit to TV Screen,
    You need to go to parental lock again
    Current password
    Type 7777
    Goto key manager.
    Current key----ok
    Auto update -----off
    Exit to TV screen and you should be sorted.

I am Dublin,Ireland and I have my channels and favourites stored and saved, if you are in the same locality I can put them on here and you can download them and flash them to your box, that would save you some time on a rescan and sorting of channels and favourites.

Hope this helps.
    p.s. if you see error0 when files are transferring, ignore this.

19. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi gang

It’s all about the timing.

Times for cloning and flashing.

I have done this with a stopwatch so the times are bang on.

To clone a box takes 3mins 42 secs. from the time you plug in the second box.
    So if you give it 4mins then it should be ok.
    But make sure the led is flashing much more quickly than it did when you first powered the box for cloning.

To flash a box.

Form when you see the blocks start to transfer.
    It takes 4 mins for the box to be updated.
    But make sure you see the led flashing much more quickly than it did when the blocks were transferring.

Good luck all.

20. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi witko,

I can only imagine it's something to do with updating the epg.
    When you power down the box it goes to default and when you power it up again, it resets itself via the network you are conected to.

If it saves timed recordings to your hard drive, it should be OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.