1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multisession Disc - DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by chuichi, Mar 24, 2007.

1. chuichi

chuichi Member

Previously I created a DVD with about 1600MB of data, and have checked the box for "multisession disc" so that I can add data to the DVD at a later stage.

I tried to add about 2000MB of data to this DVD but am getting an error that says that the disc is not writable.

Why am I getting this error? Did I not create a multisession disc properly the first time? Are DVDs not allowed to be multisession discs?

Please help - thanks!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I thought you can only have a multisession disk with a Re-Writable disk only, not a regular DVD5

3. zapatero

zapatero Member

I think it depends on the file system used to burn the disc. It can be UDF or UDF+ISO 9660, or ISO only. It seems that to burn multisessions, the disc must be an ISO only or an UDF+ISO. I normally use the latter, and I can burn multissesions but not update previous sessions automatically. I use DVD+R.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ahhhhh even an old dog like me can still learn from others here! thanks! now I know. but have no need for multisession disk projects.

5. chuichi

chuichi Member

How do I tell which file system I'm using? I was trying to burn multisessions on DVD+R too...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  6. zapatero

zapatero Member

You choose the file system. Nero Burning ROM > New Compilation > select DVD > in the left vertical panel, you can choose between DVD-ROM (ISO), DVD-ROM (UDF), or DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO).

7. chuichi

chuichi Member

OK thanks, I'll give that a try.

So I'll choose ISO or UDF+ISO with DVD+R...