Calling all Linux Pro's...need some assistance

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by pimpslap, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimpslap

pimpslap Guest

Recently installed Yellow Dog Linux on my PS3...worked great for the first few days, but now, my Enlightenment (e17) crashes...tells me theres a bug.

I found this webpage on the subject... Debugging

but the first couple of steps are confusing...I do not know where to run these commands...i tried using Gnome Terminal...but get nothing or "no file found". anyone know how to fix enlightenment? does an update fix it or do I have to manually figure this out?

Thanks!

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  3. pimpslap

pimpslap Guest

how did I miss it? Probably because Im not trying to learn how to install fedora core.

I have Yellow Dog Linux.

my issue is with the enlightenment desktop.

but thanks for nothin

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Pimp,
    The_fiend is someone you may want to listen to. I respect his knowledge about Linux.
    [bold]Read, and ye shall learn[/bold]
    http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/ydl5.0_ps3_guide.pdf
    and
    http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/install/ps3/otheros.bld

5. pimpslap

pimpslap Guest

BlivetNC,

I appreciate you trying to help...

but heres the deal...

I already have Yellow Dog working on my PS3. I do not need to learn how to install it...nor Fedora Core...I ALREADY have linux up and running.

My issue is with the enlightenment desktop... I have ravaged the Enlightenment website looking for a solution...nothing. I have been on about 4 different boards asking for help...NO ONE HAS HELPED.

Everyone seems to want to tell me I should be posting on this or that thread...when really I just need someone...

a. Who knows Linux
    b. Who knows the enlightenment desktop
    c. Who can and would like to help.

As much as I would like to post on the thread about "installing"... I dont need to install.

I need someone who knows how to reset the values for the digital clock on E17.

thanks.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Since you're obviously an IDIOT, let me spell it out for you :
    How hard is it to understand that this is NOT a normal linux, and since it does NOT run on standard hardware, WE CAN'T HELP YOU ?

7. pimpslap

pimpslap Guest

Boo hoo.

8. pimpslap

pimpslap Guest

an administrator is free to move this thread...wait thats not you??

oh well, guess it will stay right here in the "Linux" forums, and maybe someone will be able to help...

Youve made it quite clear you dont know shit...why bother keep posting?

yeah, let me go ahead and burry my question in the middle of another thread thats basically about "how to install fedora core"

THATS EXACTLY WHERE I SHOULD ASK MY QUESTION!

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Funny you say i don't know shit, as you're obviously the moron here who doesn't get the point.
    And what's even funnier, you've been told why no one here can help you (not to mention no one here that knows anything will be willing to help you now), and you still don't get it.
    Guess you where one of those kids who wasn't held back in class, just marked as "special", huh ?
    It must be that, because i honestly can't think of any other reason for this kind of retarded stubborn behaviour...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

pimpslap,

You just got pimpslapped by me. Bad ho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.