1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on vso divxtodvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by crownman, Mar 27, 2007.

1. crownman

crownman Member

Hello:

I am a newbie trying to use vso divxtodvd to convert an mpeg video file to DVD so that I can view it on my DVD player. The conversion process creates 3 files - VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, and VTS_01_3 - but does not create VIDEO_TS or VTS_01_0 that are created whenever I convert an avi file to DVD.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this?

TIA

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

the program is doing what it is intended to do just let the program burn to dvd and everything will turn just fine, unless it is not burning to disk, if it won't burn to disk, just use any dvd buring program to burn the converted files to disk, also if you want to view the files that convertdvixtodvd you can view the files, with media player clasice, just right click on that vts file and open with media player, or you can vlc player to do the same thing

3. crownman

crownman Member

Thank you for your advice, however that did not solve the problem. I tried burning the 3 files to a DVD using Nero SE. I received an error message - DVD video compliance test failed. The resulting DVD video may be unplayable. I ignored the message and went ahead with the burn. I received 2 warnings at the start of the burn process - Required file VIDEO_TS.ifo not present and Required fileVIDEO-TS.bup not present. The resulting DVD was not playable at all.

It appears that the problem is that Divxtodvd is not creating the .ifo & .bup files as part of the conversion process. Since I have not had this problem before when converting .avi files, I don't know if Divxtodvd doesn't work properly with .mpg files or if there is some problem with this specific .mpg file.

If you have something else I might try I would appreciate it, if not I thank you again for your original reply.

4. crownman

crownman Member

I just tried converting a different mpeg video file and Divxtodvd worker perfectly. Obviously the problem was with my original mpeg.

Once more, thanks for your help

5. crownman

crownman Member

I found a solution to the problem that may help others as well. The necessary .ifo and .bup files can be created using ifoedit. There is a guide for doing this in the articles section at digital-digest.com.