1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip dvdtoSD [gamecube/wii]

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by XbusterZ, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

emu_kidid has created a .dol capable of ripping gamecube/wii dvd's onto a sd memory card adapter (NOT the sd slot on the wii, i'm talking about something like the sd gecko) plugged into a gamecube/wii [although the background is decidedly wii...]. the rip is divided into chunks [that you allocate in MB] so you may span many sd's to accomplish the task.

PLEASE NOTE: for whatever reason, changing the chunk size makes the screen flicker, i would not suggest people to stare at the screen whilst changing the size because of possible seizures due to epilepsy or whatever.

download the latest version:
    dvdtoSDv0.1.1BETA
    -remember, it's a BETA.

emu_kidid talks about it here:
    wii disc dumper - no lg drive required

i'm too lazy to test it now. i'l get back with results of naruto: GNT4 like tomorrow or so...

tell me how you do. it looks promising. also, i didn't post this under the wii forum because i don't have one [a wii that is] yet. ^_^

/edit: the card i'm using is an a-data 1GB microSD with the sdpatch [from SDLOAD] applied, i'm not sure if non-sdpatched sd's will work...
    /edit 2: there is no progress bar, just wait...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.