AfterDawn Forums

To fix a Bricked psp

This discussion thread has 103 messages.

jadax Suspended due non-functional email address
ok heres the story.. my psp is 2.00 i never ever try to hack it.. u know those downgrade stuff.. i bought my favorite game. called mortal kombat unchained.. and it said "inorder to play it i need to upgrade to 2.7.. so i accept.. and now its upgrading. but then.. suddenly my 8 yr old cousin turn it off...i didnt know that that would cause to brikec my psp.. untill i ask the sony. warranty. on what the hell is going on with my psp .. that it wont turn on. only black screen... and they said that they will fix it for $90.. i was like what? i upgraded from thier software.. why is that my fault... all i think its all a scam by sony.. putting virus. in UMD.. if it got interrupted.. it will infect.. causing.. the psp to f up... and then thier excuse. they can make money buy paying them $90... if i didnt have to upgrade my psp.. and sony stays .. version..as i bought it.. then i wouldt have a f up psp
▼▼ This topic has 102 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
During the Official upgrade that you ran it warns you not to turn off the PSP.

What happens when you cut the power off to the PSP while its writing the new firmware?
It cannot finish writing the firmware and thus will not boot.

You Bricked it, end of story...

My PSP - 2.5->GTA:LCS Exploit->1.5->DevHook(v0.52)->3.03->1.5->3.03OE-C->3.10OE-A
Metal Gear Solid PSX Disc Swap Guide - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/485480
Pay the money or you have a very expensive paper weight, and plus a very stupid little cousin
yea i mean with anything if you pull out the power coard like a memory card (remeove it) while its saving a game you most likely corrupted you memory card or game save.

i got a problem too.
ive personally have done about 12 PSP unit downgrades and custom firmware loads. but they were all ta-86 and ta-79 and all that. i personally have a ta-82 and i guess i got lucky with it.
so i buy this PSP yesterday has a ta-82 on it i did all that i did to my own PSP before. i run the updater xyz it tells me process complete push x to restart PSP. gone, bricked. green light turns on stays on but it wont work at all. any sugestions?

Kostya
Look once it's bricked it's bricked... If the PSP doesn't turn on after a downgrade or upgrade then it's most definitely bricked. Thus a bricked psp can't be recovered. Unless it was semi-bricked.

http://my.afterdawn.com/thisdude/all_links.cfm - Click here for more of my PSP Guides.
unless ofcourse i have a modchip right? thne i can unbrick my situation right?

Kostya
MidnightJ Suspended due non-functional email address
Yes but it cannot be TA-082 motherboard. And isn't that modchip like 100 dollars anyway?

Yeah, and very delicate to install....

http://my.afterdawn.com/thisdude/all_links.cfm - Click here for more of my PSP Guides.
you f***ed your psp my friend broke his analog sony is not ganna fix it there ganna give you a new one. For only $90what i heard
wait, you say it cannot be a ta-82? but isnt the whole point to unbrick what ever you have instead of having to buy a whole another mobo? with a modchip that is ofcourse

Kostya
Originally posted by ottesen07:
Pay the money or you have a very expensive paper weight, and plus a very stupid little cousin
lol hahaha rofl plus....

little cousin haha

k first don't blame them cuz it said clearly not to turn off
and its not a virus because its frikin so different.

if it was they would charge you 30 dollars and send u a repair umd or something.

ITS A BRICK, PSP DON"T KNOW WAT TO DO IT DEAD!
ta-082 are revised for firmware hacking and modchip.
u can always change the type of firmware hacks but it cost much more for the modchip. so modchip not possible yet but firmware is.
y'all might not trust it but last time i checked, there is a guy on ebay that charges way less than 90$ to unbrick a psp the only catch is that you have to send him ur psp...on the bright side of this situation he does have 95%+ positive feedback and 1000's of it
Speaking of TA-082, is it good to have that motherboard? and how do i check if i have it??
fultonla Suspended due non-functional email address
it doesn't matter as long as you use the right downgrader just use google search to find out
MidnightJ Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by kostyam69:
wait, you say it cannot be a ta-82? but isnt the whole point to unbrick what ever you have instead of having to buy a whole another mobo? with a modchip that is ofcourse
Yes the current modchip will not run on TA-082. Its doesn't unbrick your orignal firmware, it just brings your PSP back to life because of the second flash on board the modchip.

MidnightJ when did you become a Senior?

SEGA3 Account closed as per user's own request
i feel u guy it iz messed up but not much u could do they do give u a warning pay the man n get it fixed or if u want u could always try the 2 for one deal buy a psp n take ur back but not sure if they will check da serial numbers u never know u may luck out but ya best bet is to pay the money
I say instead of paying them $90, you invest in a modchip and voila you can recover from any brick you ever have...i believe there was a new modchip that should be released april 16 called the devolution http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-Devolution-...pg/49/aid/88817 works on all current motherboards

Need Help With Your PSP? Ask Here
Need A Very Detailed Tutorial?Check Here
splid Account closed as per user's own request
Ok, well your PSP's definitly bricked, but there is a way to fix a bricked PSP! it does require you buy a cable, and i don't know a lot about this. Underneath the battery there is a label, underneath this label is a little hole with 3 pin holes that look like something can be plugged into them. These holes are a direct link to your flash0 and flash1 on your psp (the 'un-accessable' storage of your psp's firmware). Now apparantly you can buy a usb cable that go's from your pc to these pins so that you can access the flash 0 and flash 1 on your pc. Once you have this cable you can just copy a friends flash0 and flash1 files and copy them onto your PSP. Your PSP's firmware should appear identicle to your friends.
Problem solved.

PS - Apparently these cable's are illegal for some dumb ass reason, but i'm sure you could get hold of one.

Splid
Thats cool but i wouldnt post the name or link to any of them here or you might get suspended. (be general) Research a little more on it and youll be able to un brick it.

Ok, thanks, i don't normally use this forum anyway, i jsut made an account cus i thought i might be of assistance.

Splid
Your welcome. and this forum is of good assistence you just gotta sk the right questions and dont break the forum rules. you should be fine. good luck.

Ok, cheers. Don't suppose you could tell me what this forum is focussed on lol. I just clicked on this page when i saw 'To fix a bricked PSP' thinking someone might have a better solution lol

Splid
This discussion topic is closed. You can't post to this topic.