1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitting a movie!!!!!!!help is great

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by PetahG, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetahG

PetahG Guest

Hi...I have a movie which is about 2 gig big and has these codecs
    Audio: Intel ITU H.264
    Video: ATSC/A-52 Dolby AC3
    In video inspector it says that I dont have these codecs even tho I have no problem viewing this movie on my PC., Now I also have the program movie splitter and joiner. I wanted to split this movie in half so that I can burn it using nero vision so that the file would not have to get compressed and loose its quality.It is too big for a dvd 5 because it needs to expand to burn and needs to go over 4.7gig. POroblem is I dont want to buy a dvd-9 and when I try to load this file unto teh movie splitter it wont let me. Now there are some splitters maybe out there but they ruin teh quality when u split movies or join them. What I am asking is:
    1. Is my problem teh fact that It says I dont have those codecs?
    2. I can't find a place to downlaod those specific codecs!!!
    3. Is there something wrong with the file, movie?
    4. The program just doesn't support those codecs?
    5. I have no idea!!!
    6. Any ideas any one?
    So basically im open to any suggestions on hwo to split thsi file in half or burn it unto two dvds so i dont loose quality. Any help is much appreciated.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Probably it is in an mkv container, so you just need a splitter that supports mkv's. Also need to support native AVC though. Try mmg from mkvtoolnix and remux with splitting enabled.

Can't Nero encode just part of a source?

At that size, assuming 720p video I would have expected it to be ~90mins, so it should fit fine on a DVD5 as DVD video. That is a discussion for say the MPEG-2 forum though.

3. PetahG

PetahG Guest

the video is actually 1080i and its the movie 300...now im not sure how long it is but i think its more than 90 minutes

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

117 mins according to IMDB. Still should (using a decent multipass MPEG-2 encoder) fit fine on a single DVD5.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to piracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.