1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip it for Me

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by GeorgiaC, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgiaC

GeorgiaC Member

Anyone know what has happened to the Rip it for Me link? I get the following message.

"Not Found The requested URL /download.html was not found on this server. Apache Server at www.ripit4me.org Port 80"

I cannot find anywhere to download the program. Any ideas?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The site has been shut down.
    All discussion about RipIt4Me at it's main forum has been removed.

3. GeorgiaC

GeorgiaC Member

So .... now what? Any suggestions on a work around?

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You can get it here.

5. GeorgiaC

GeorgiaC Member

Thanx!!

6. ironD

ironD Guest

You know that just about tears it...I would think there would be a little more information. I would really be surprised if it turned out to be a joke, but anything's possible. I would however like to have some idea who might be responsible.

D

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Latest version plus shrink, decrypter, fixvts available on my profile page...

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

time will tell , i am sure he same thing happen to "RipIt4Me" that happened to dvd decrypter dvd shrink etc.

9. GeorgiaC

GeorgiaC Member

Janrocks - On your profile when I click on the two ri4me links, it takes me to a megaupload page - but there is no link to download. The only download on that page is for a megaupload turbo.

Thank goodness I quickly downloaded from dialysis 1's reply yesterday morning. When I went back later to download it to my laptop, the link he had given me, when I downloaded it again, the zip file was corrupted. I copied the exe file from my desktop to my laptop but have to work straight from that file.

This morning, the mirrors do not work but the sofpedia's link work, but you'll have to use the program straight from the exe file.

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

There is a download link.. It's next to the verify box on the top right where it asks to put a 3 letter code.It confused me a little when I tried a test download too. You can always pm me an email address which will accept attachments and I can send the pack to you.
    The softpedia link is (according to binkie7) an older version which should work for most but not all of the latest disks.

I'm trying to get it on rapidshare later today, and change my links accordingly.

rapidshare link..

http://rapidshare.com/files/23830235/ripit4me_pack.rar.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  11. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Even DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are still available on the web for those who look. It's too bad Ripit4me got shut down, as it was such a good linking program. I guess it was too good. It wont be gone forever, but will probably wind up like shrink and decrypter as aabbccdd said. Gone (not really) but not forgotten. The creator was probably bought out, or forced out, but OUT either way, and thats what the big wigs want. They dont want you to be able to make a copy of your legal copy, unless you pay them. For now, US law says we can make a copy, but that could change at any time.. Bribes are probably passing hands right now.. No, im not paranoid.. LOL I make copies of good programs like this one and keep them in a safe place on different kinds of media disc, memory stick, HD. etc... The last version i had of ripit4me was 1.7.1.0 and FixVTS version 1.603 is still up, and that is the main new anti-copy breaker that is tied in along with dvd decrypters PSL. Here is FIXVTS download page http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/
    as long as you have the last version of fixvts, ripit4me should work until the tiny minds decide to attack that program directly with some new scheme. The war goes on with those who seek to deny infomation, and those who work around that. Measure, Counter-Measure, and so on...
    Good old standby VOB Blanker is still available too. :)
    http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/vobblanker.htm
    **edit** Spelling, my eyes are my spelling checker and i need new glasses.... :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  12. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The latest version of RipIt4Me does not need FixVTS because it has it's own version integrated into the program. If you look in the preferences, you will see that there is no longer the need to set a path to it.
    Don't get me wrong. FixVTS is a very useful tool and everyone should have it on their pc. I do a lot of work with PgcEdit and after use, I always run the files through FixVTS.

13. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Thanks for the info on fixvts not being needed by ripit4me dialysis1. I didnt notice it doesnt need Fixvts anymore.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.