AfterDawn Forums

Can't load some pages... (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels)

This discussion thread has 49 messages.

Hello! Some pages don't load for me... I'm not sure why... Here are 2 links that i have tried to go to but show (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels) at the top.
http://www.supermediastore.com/supermedi...WT.mc_id=cjtext edited by ddp
http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Thanks if you could help me!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Apr 2007 @ 7:59
▼▼ This topic has 48 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
They both work fine for me.

On m'a dit que je suis nul l'oral, que je n'peux pas mieux faire !
They both work fine for me two.
Try clearing your cookies and flushing the cache.

Nope... that didn't work, i already tried flushing my cache and clearing my cookies. Maybe it had something to do with me installing the hosts file from PayItBackwards.com? But, i already changed back to the original hosts file. Can anyone still help?
Are you crazy? You let some spammy site give you a HOSTS file? That's like giving your house keys to a burglar! Delete it pronto!

lol.. if i delete it, will it come back??? how do i restore the original hosts?
1. Copy and paste this into Notepad (Minus the word "quote")
2. Save it as C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\Hosts

Quote:
Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# For example:
# Permit this.
127.0.0.1 localhost # designate 127.0.0.1 as the local host

Umm... i just did that i still can't load the site.. i still get the (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels) thing.
What browser are you using? I can see it in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. It isn't terribly exciting, it's the SuperMediastore Coupon Codes Newsletter. The second site you say you can't get to is a "sign up to be paid for reading email ads" site.

Quote:
Maybe it had something to do with me installing the hosts file from PayItBackwards.com
I think you are now in Adware Hell...

Personally, I never want to go to sites like that! Now I think about it, I don't like being sent there, either. Maybe I'll ask the Mods what they think. Who knows what browser hi-jacks and weird cookies they might be dropping?

You are flirting with danger if you post that link, as I think links like that are not allowed. If you are trying to get around the rules, think again.

You come across as someone who likes going to "get rich on the Web" type sites... Too many of these sites can be bad for your computer's health. That's spelled S-C-A-M. Also spelled V-I-R-U-S and T-R-O-J-A-N.

You do seem rather keen to get people to check those sites out... makes me wonder just why?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Apr 2007 @ 0:19

hmm.. my friends have used it and they used the hosts file and didn't replace it. They still can access both sites... I'm using Firefox... I can't go on it in Internet Explorer aswell.. Help!! Please give me recommendations on what i should do!
Originally posted by aznikill:
hmm.. my friends have used it and they used the hosts file and didn't replace it. They still can access both sites... I'm using Firefox... I can't go on it in Internet Explorer aswell.. Help!! Please give me recommendations on what i should do!
Please, please, please, edit your original post. That very long url is making viewing this thread a pain in the @ss, because of the scroll bars that it throws up.

How do you actually know you're seeing a 1x1 GIF? How can you see it? What is the URL of this GIF?

It is clear that you are getting redirected. You may have had a browser hijack. Maybe your PC is infested with spam toolbars and adware. Sure sounds possible!

Run HijackThis which you can get here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155

If you have signed up with Payitbackwards, do you want to continue with them? I think they may have issued you with a HOSTS file so that you cannot sign up with rival get-paid-to-be-spammed outfits.

maybe you have signed up with too many get-rich-by-doing-nothing scam sites, and they are all fighting over your computer and blocking each other! A lesson here, folks...

1. Look in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc for a file called HOSTS

2. Check it is the same as the one I posted.

3. If it is not, make it so.

4. Open the Run box on the start menu.

5. Type this in

ipconfig /flushdns

6. Click OK

7. Restart your computer.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Apr 2007 @ 1:24

links edited
I get redirected to this image link.
http://www.qksrv.net/kk65efon7/fmr/435B3A6A/A5463A/3/
4vg8wmr2B364337CC244A8CB85AAB74253/3?d=b%3cipu!uumr-l9tu3o
9%3cnzzv%3A%2F%2F222.jvhur12.tkz%3AE6E6%2Firoiq-D8796D-768
E6D9D%3c%3cM%3cnzzv%3A%2F%2Fr28.mgskiuv42uxrj.ius%2F%40_ys
y.vnv%3Fy5%3Dol%26yt%3Dmi2%26hm%3Dmi2%26it%3DaY%3c

Sorry about the spaces but i didn't want it wide.

Here is my HijackThis Log:
Quote:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:09:43 AM, on 4/8/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WISPTIS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\dfsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [megauploadtoolbar] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\tbuninstall.exe -df "C:\Program Files\MegauploadToolbar\"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\ie_banner_deny.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://toolbar.imageshack.us
O16 - DPF: {9122D757-5A4F-4768-82C5-B4171D8556A7} (PhotoPickConvert Class) - http://appdirectory.messenger.msn.com/Ap...ap/PhtPkMSN.cab
O16 - DPF: {A1F2F2CE-06AF-483C-9F12-D3BAA72477D6} (BatchDownloader Class) - http://appdirectory.messenger.msn.com/Ap...ap/DigWXMSN.cab
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: "C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1.0\adialhk.dll"
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2Triad Apache2 Service (Apache2) - Unknown owner - C:\apache2triad\bin\httpd.exe" -n Apache2 -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apache2.2 - Unknown owner - C:\Server\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apache2Triad Apache2 Service with SSL (Apache2SSL) - Unknown owner - C:\apache2triad\bin\httpd.exe" -D SSL -n Apache2SSL -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: MySQL5 - Unknown owner - C:\Server\bin\mysqld-nt".exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apache2Triad PostgreSQL Service (PgSql) - Unknown owner - C:\apache2triad\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -N PgSql -D C:\apache2triad\pgsql\data\ (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apache2Triad SlimFTPd Server (SlimFTPd) - Unknown owner - C:\apache2triad\ftp\SlimFTPd.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: wampapache - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apache2Triad Xmail Service (XMail) - Unknown owner - C:\apache2triad\mail\bin\XMail.exe (file missing)

I will try the flushdns now.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Apr 2007 @ 17:23
This is the page that i get redirected to when i click on the very long link.

I Also do NOT want to continue with PayItBackwards. This is the only site that i have registered at which is a get-rich-by-doing-nothing site.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Apr 2007 @ 17:26
moved to correct forum, links edited
are you using megaupload?
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [megauploadtoolbar] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\tbuninstall.exe -df "C:\Program Files\MegauploadToolbar\"
what is getright?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
Umm... Yes...
So.. umm... Can anyone help??!
Quickest solution: Reinstall Windows and don't visit dubious sites in future.

umm.. is there another way other than wiping out all my files?
ANYONE CAN HELP?!
graceline Suspended due non-functional email address
Hi Anzikill!

I was looking for answers in the Google and found yours today! Yes I have the same problem. Sigh. I called HP technician yesterday. They told me to reinstall IE. It still doesn't work.

What kind of computer do you have? Mine is HP. My other computers (Dell and Apple) are working fine, no GIF image, 1x1 pixels. All same from one router. Strange

Two weeks ago my hard drive was damaged. I had a new one replaced (I have a warranty). Had it restored. Then found out that I can't load some pages...GIF Image, 1x1 pixels just like yours.

I am going to send this thread to my HP tech today. Hopefully they will solve the problem. I will get back to you. :)

Graceline
Umm.. I use Dell, i think its because of what we installed on our computers..
Interesting. MY IE doesn't open up anymore. I am using Firefox now. Am still waiting to hear from HP tech. Be back.
Aznikill,

here is the reply from hp tech below. I don't have windows xp bootable cd. I am asking my friends if they have it. Hope it works out for you. Pls let me know.

Graceline

This issue occurs due to following reasons:

* Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
* Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
* Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
* Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
* Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is
using FAT32.
* New hard disk drive being added.
* Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
* Seriously corrupted version Windows XP.
* Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.

There are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Please
perform the procedure below:

Step 1.

*** Reset BIOS ***

1. Restart the notebook.
2. Tap the F2 key as soon as the HP logo appears.
3. Using the arrow keys, navigate to Exit menu and select Get defaults
values.
4. Navigate to Exit menu and select Save Changes and Exit.

Step 2.

Perform the following steps to replace ntdetect.com and ntldr files
from
Windows XP OS CD.

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the CD/DVD and restart the
system.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair
Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and
pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, just
press
enter key. (If you have changed the administrator password, then enter
that password).
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard
disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM
drive letter "D". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy ntdetect.com c:\

NOTE: The drive 'D' is your DVD/CDRW drive assumming that you have
only one partition that is 'C'. However, if you have multiple
partitions
such as C, D and E, then the drive letter of the DVD/CDRW drive may
differ.

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the
CD
from the computer and reboot.

I would like to inform you that Windows XP OS CD was not bundled with
your notebook. You may obtain Windows XP OS CD from your relatives or
friends. I apologize for any inconvenience that may caused.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.