1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TROUBLE COPYING CURSEOF THE GOLDEN FLOWER

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KEISHA25, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEISHA25

KEISHA25 Member

I AM HAVING TROUBLE COPYING THIS MOVIE. I CAN BACKUP BUT WHEN I GO TO BURN IT DOESNT LET ME. ANYBODY GET IT TO BURN SUCCESSFULLY AND WHAT DID U USE

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi keisha25
    Just some friendly advice - watch the caps - it's like your shouting - forum rules.

Now for Curse of the Golden Flower - has Sony's latest copy protection.
    Backed up using AnyDVD & CloneDVD - not free but has a 21 day trial.

You can also rip w/ DVDFab Decrypter - free then use Shrink to compress.
    link

Both are updated to handle the latest stuff.

What error do you get when you burn? Programs your using?

3. ccooper2

ccooper2 Member

I also had this issue, i was using the last version of DVD Decrypter and it started giving errors after the 13th vob file. Is the DVDFab Decrypter similar?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

DVDFab Decrypter is updated often and is a fantastic little program. DVD Decrypter is still an awesome program though, i still use it for all my older films..

5. ccooper2

ccooper2 Member

so it does about the same thing then? Is it seperate from the DVDFab Platinum suite i've seen?

Thanks

6. creaky

Platinum is the paid version so i guess has more features. I use the freebie version myself, all i care for is ripping films with it, then i use DVD Shrink on the resultant files, then burn with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.18

7. ccooper2

ccooper2 Member

I'm assuming that it will just rip the vob files straight off and then i can throw it into clonedvd if i like?

I've been ripping the same way for so long it's taking me a bit to make sure i get it straight with this new copying. Any idea of other dvds that have/will have this protection?

8. creaky

- absolutely; i just happen to use DVD Shrink, DVDFab can be used purely to rip the files, use your program(s) of choice on the files..

- it's dead easy to use, one of the reasons i use it, i can't be doing with faffing about too much, do enough of that at work. Whichever program(s) you use just look for updates every know and then or whenever you hits problems with a particular film

9. blaide

blaide Member

I used the latest version of DVDfab to rip curse of the golden flower. I ripped the whole disc and planned to then use Shrink to burn. Shrink gave an error saying "failed to read file: The path where I stored the ripped files" Invalid access to memory location". When I used Shrink and went to open the files, it preanalysed about 42% before it showed this message. Happened again and again. I then tried using DVDfab and only ripped the main movie and then used Shrink and it worked fine. The only problem is, I want the CHinese sound track with the English sub-titles. I unchecked Ehglish audio and make sure the English subtitles where checked, but the resultant DVD has no subtitles and no way to turn them on. I think I need the menu files as well to get the sub titles, but Shrink can't seem to read the whole disc as stated earlier. Any suggestions?

10. binkie7

Hi blaide
    Try this guide from bbmayo - link
    You can use the files you already ripped from DVDFab - use the whole dvd backup one if you still have them.
    Run those through FixVTS then open those files in Shrink.
    You can skip the re author part of the guide too if your doing the full back up.

11. blaide

blaide Member

Thanks for the info.. I downloaded VTS Fix and followed the instructions on the link you sent. Unfortunately, VTS Fix could not process the whole DVD. I scanned the full disc I ripped with DVDFab and got this error message: VTS Fix couldn't process VTS_02_2.vob for Read/write. I then tried using the cleaning function on that particular file, but still no luck. Is this some new form of copy protection that can't be circumvented by our tools yet?

12. blaide

blaide Member

Never mind my last post. I got it to work. I had the original rip on an external hard drive. I figured the file might have gotten corrupted somnehow or maybe accessing an external drive may have caused issues. I re-ripped the whole movie with DVDfab onto my C drive and then used VTS Fix and then Shrink and everything works fine. I'm burning it right now with Shrink as the whole DVD does not need to be compressed.

13. binkie7

Glad to hear you got it ripped and burned.
    I'm thinking you may have had a bad rip in the beginning - accessing an external drive with FixVTS, Shrink, DVDFab etc shouldn't make a dif.

14. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Hi all

Yes, successfully backed up my copy of "Curse of the Golden Flower" - Pal version.

I only backed up the main movie and used DVDfab HD Decrypter (Trial version).

Here's how i did it.

Load the disk and select main movie rather than whole disk.

The disc should load with around 90 files.

You must now uncheck all of the movie files (Files with 2 Chinese audios and a Time length of 1hour 40 odd minutes).

Leave one of the film files (i selected number 90) checked and i removed the Dolby audio 5.1 from my selected file.

I left all extras and menus out and just ripped the main movie.

All worked fine.

The dvd disc just contains lots of dummy files that need to be unchecked/de-selected and all should work well.

The trial version DVDFab decrypters could read the discs too

15. creaky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.