1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to backup ROMS and Emulator on a DVD (added pitcures).

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by corn, Apr 8, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

So, you have the original NES console, and Super Mario Bros 3. But your NES is broken.
    Well I have a solution!!

You will need the following:

[​IMG]
    (1)QWIX: Download QWIX here
    This will be used to create an ISO, or image, of the emulator so the Xbox can read it.
    QWIX does need to be installed, just placed inside a folder with the contents included in the .rar

[​IMG]
    Imgburn: Download Imgburn here
    A DVD Burner
    ROMS: Use google to find these. ONLY DOWLOAD ROMS IF YOU OWN THE GAME!!
    Emulator: We will be using xNES Download xNES here
    Modded Xbox: Very detailed tutorial on how to softmod your Xbox using SID 4.0 (Pictures)
    Last, but not least, you will need a blank DVD disk. I used a DVD+R, but you can use whatever your Xbox reads.
    WinRar (QWIX is "rared"): WinRar

Ok, after you have downloaded all those programs and installed them, its time to begin.

[bold]Step One[/bold]
    Alright, create a new folder on your desktop, called "nes", or anything to help you remember thats the folder.
    [​IMG]

[bold]Step Two[/bold]
    Now, place everything that was included in the xNES file you downloaded. Go into the folders shown in the picture, and delete all the text files.
    [​IMG]

[bold]Step Three[/bold]
    Inside your nes folder, make a folder named ROMS (if the download didn't include one).
    [​IMG]

[bold]Step Four[/bold]
    Find a website and download a ROM that you physically own!!

[bold]Step Five[/bold]
    Extract the files the ROMS you downloaded to desktop>nes>roms

[bold]Step Six[/bold]
    Ok, now open up QWIX, and go to Create ISO. Naviage to the nes folder on your desktop, and make an ISO of that folder. Place the nes ISO on the desktop
    [​IMG]

[bold]Step Seven[/bold]
    Place your blank DVD disk in the drive (I have only used +R, you can try whatever.), open Imgburn, and then load the nes ISO, and select burn.
    **You may want to change the burn speed. I didn't have any problems, but you might**
    [​IMG]

[bold]Step Eight[/bold]
    Ok, Imgburn will open the drive and then close it, its not done!! Just to let people know. But after you see the completion message, take out the disk, pop it in your Xbox, and enjoy!

Please remember the ROMS you download ARE copyrighted, and should only be downloaded if you physically own the original game cartridge, violation of this can result in a large fine.

Any questions? Any Feedback? Please post.
    EDIT(S):
    Added Pictures

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  2. adam1302

adam1302 Member

Can i use nero to burn it? And can i do this for other emulators?

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Thank you so much corn. I wasnt sure that you were able to do this. This is a big help even though ftping is better. ftp doesnt work for me so this works better as of now. but i got a question. can you only do one emulator per disc. because if you do more nthen one how are you going to acess the other emulators? thanx alot.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  4. corn

corn Guest

Believe you really can only do one emulator per disk.
    And, really I would use Imgburn as the tutorial says, its fast and efficient.

5. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Alright. and one more thing my xbox is modded with softmod. it will read the disc right? i think it will just making sure. thnx corn!!!

6. corn

corn Guest

Ya, somewhere someone said you needed to flash your bios, but I didn't do it, and it works great.

7. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Alright cool. thnx alot this tutorial is great. im gonna do it now. i gotta make a list of all the games i own for various old systems. Ill tell you how it goes. thnx again.

P.S. you didnt put own between if and you. other then that your great. (your original sentence) Corn: ROMS: Use google to find these. ONLY DOWLOAD ROMS IF YOU THE GAME!!

8. corn

corn Guest

Woops, I'll edit that. Thanks.

9. ja835

ja835 Member

Will I be able to put this disc on the hdd, so I wont have to keep using it? If so how would I go about that? Thank you.

10. corn

corn Guest

You can, I don't know how to do, that however, there are people who do. Thats why I made this.

11. corn

corn Guest

Just figured something out for that, you can FTP them to ur Xbox, or use an Auto Installer, AID. It has emulators, but you have to find the ROMS somewhere else.

12. Evyil

Evyil Member

ok man wen i try to create an ISO using QWIX it doesnt have the apperence in the above screen shots...i downloaded it straight from the link...nothing...any help?

13. corn

corn Guest

You have to select the side tab that says Create ISO. From there, you will need to use Local folder, and select the xnes (or whatever emulator you are using) folder.

14. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

-corn
    If you create one disc per emulator, youre wasting a lot of DVDs. You can create a multi-emulator disc along with its ROMS. Use Craxtion and create a multi-game-disc iso. It fuctions the same as regular xbox game the default.xbe is the file all apps use.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  15. vannasack

vannasack Guest

ok burnt everything to disk....put it in xbox now what? i used a cdr though does that matter? i also have the unleashed x dash board

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  16. ja835

ja835 Member

Thanks corn used an aid and everything up and running. One thing thoe, I used fba for playing mame roms but I cant get them to run like all the other emus. If so, whats the step by step.

17. corn

corn Guest

Hm, did you get that from the AID disk? Or did you get it from offline? I also think they have to be able to run on the Xbox.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mameox
    Try that link there, burn it like I showed you, and tell me how it works.

18. vannasack

vannasack Guest

i got the roms on there but when i try to play them it just goes to a black screen and just sits there...

2 of them have
    .smc
    1 has .sfc
    1 has (e).bin....dunno if that makes a difference or not

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  19. vannasack

vannasack Guest

i downloaded all that theres like 6 different folders....

20. ja835

ja835 Member

I got it for aid, v4.0. The roms from all over. There are so many mame roms of the same game, so I'm not to sure what I have to do with them. But I'm going to try your link and see if that helps. Thanks.