1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZoneAlarm Trial Strange Error

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Fredil, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

When I'm at the ZoneAlarm Trial License Wizard (I got the CD with my router, a SMC7004VBR), it has two buttons: TRY and BUY. Since I'm obviously going to use the trial before I buy it (yes, I haven't used ZA before and I've heard bad things about it), I click that. Then, after a few more screens, I hit "Finish" and a BSOD blinks on for about half a second, and my computer restarts. This time, I try to exit ZoneAlarm, with the same result. Undaunted, I hit F8 on reboot and select "Disable Reboot on System Failure". I repeat the exact process I used to exit, and ta-da, there's the blue screen. It went: "A problem has occurred and Windows has been shut down..." yeah, we've all seen that a few times. After that, it gave the following, useful (?) information. Obviously, it wasn't red.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC000000E, 0X80614C8F, 0XB9F99B68, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I'm not sure if the first 2 characters in each set of error messages was 0X or OX. It was kind of hard to tell, and I wasn't paying particularly close attention (I wanted to get it all down before something even more screwed up and insane happened). So, any help?

2. maxtech07

maxtech07 Member

hey
    you can go to www.smartcomputing.com to search for error messages like yours or you can call smart computing technicians.