1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSanta picky about files.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dynamo5, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Dynamo5

Dynamo5 Member

Hello, I'm, like many others I notice in the searches, am having a problem with DVDSanta.

When I put a couple of files to be converted to DVD, the first file comes out fine,but for some reason my 2nd files lately keep coming out wrong. It plays sound, but doesn't show video. Video is either green or black when I test it before I burn it.

I haven't messed with any settings, have no other programs running other than what Windows usually uses, and am only using 20% of a 4.7 DVD disc.

My CPU specs are AMD Athlon XP 2800, 1GB Ram, Lite-On Dual Layer DVD-RW latest firmware.

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

does it play on the computer better than on a dvd, make sure it is a good download, i use dvdsanta all the time and never had this problem you could try useing this http://vso-convertxtodvd.en.softonic.com/ i hear this ia a good program to convert avi to dvd..

3. Dynamo5

Dynamo5 Member

Well some files I burn come out fine. The the next segment of the DVD will just be blank and have sound. Its also like this on the computer when I try to view it before I burn it.

4. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

if some movies are playing fine i would think it was a bad download. if it will not play before you burn i would try downloading it again..

5. Dynamo5

Dynamo5 Member

Ok,I just tried anoher download which I split into 6 AVI files.

Files 1-3 and #6 are fine, but 4 and 5 have sound but no video. Now these were definately fine when I first split them. I'm trying another download now and I'll see if its good.

For some reason the first few work but the last few dont...