1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**DVDFab Decrypt, FixVTS, Shrink, ImgBurn Guide**

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by bbmayo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Backing up your DVD w/DVDFab, FixVTS, Shrink & ImgBurn

This is the most up to date guide using free proggies as of today it should help you be able to create a backup of your DVD Movie. I have decided to post this guide here seeing how RipIt4Me will soon become obsolete and everyone will be looking for the new free way to back up their original DVD movies.

You will need the following programs to backup your movie and follow along in this guide (Just click on the program name to get the program now)

1) DVDFab Decrypter
    2) FixVTS
    3) DVD Shrink (You must use this version to enable burning with ImageBurn)
    4) ImageBurn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is all there is to it I hope you found this guide useful. My recommendation is to always only back up the main movie for the best quality, but I did show you how to do it both ways.

Good luck

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Stickied :)

3. crash183

crash183 Member

ok,ive fallowed your instuction and here is what im having a problem with,
    first when i open fixvts[after running dvdfab decrypter],
    and open the video ts fill [look in]there are no files inside[vobfiles,or any other for that matter].
    dvd shrink will not let me burn with image burn [even with nero unistalled]and the movie will get about 75%complete and fail.im trying to locate the log now.ive unistalled nero ran the clean up tool and reinstalled.the movies im trying to burn are fearless and school for scoundralls,both with the same results.

4. crash183

crash183 Member

power calibration failed,first error

5. Nephilim

Power calibration error means the drive doesn't like the media you're using. Try different media if you have some.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

To expand on what Nephilim said, what brand of media are you using? Is your firmware up-to-date? What model is your drive?

Also, if you do locate your Nero log...

Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory.txt

...then post it in the Nero forum to save this thread from beccoming cluttered. Also, before posting your log, make sure you only post the last log of your last failed burn and that you edit out your serial number when posting!

If you need any more help with that, read this.

:)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  7. Nephilim

Thanks for the expansion Ripper :)

I was in the midst of chasing down miscreants here but couldn't resist making a quick technical post :D

8. dj928

dj928 Member

I have a similar problem. When I open Fixvts and direct it to the folder where dvdfab saved the file, nothing shows up in the box to open. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

9. dj928

dj928 Member

I continued with the process anyway and ended up with this error message:

Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - Write Error
    Synchronise Cache Failed! - Reason: Write Error

Any ideas what's going on? This was my first attempt with DVDFab and ImgBurn, but I think I may go back to DVD decrypter.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hehe, I think we can let you off Neph :p :)

As for your problem dj928, I don't use VixVTS a lot, so can't be of much help. I suggest you re-post your problem in DVD for nebiws or advanced users to get more help.

11. dj928

dj928 Member

I was referred to this set of programs when I had a problem with DVD Shrink and Decrypter. I am now 0 for 2 with this new system when trying to copy movies. I tried The Matrix and got a different error:

I/O error scsistatus 0x02
    Interpretation: check condition
    read (I/O) - sector 247968
    unrecovered read error

When I press continue or try again, it gives me a different sector number with the same error over again until I cancel it.

At this point, I'm inclined to try something else. If you have any suggestions on how to make backup copies with programs that work, I'd appreciate any advice. I have Nero7 on my computer. Otherwise, I'll go back to shrink and decrypter because my problems there were intermittent and not constant like now.

Thanks.

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Are you sure you're dvd Fab is up-to-date and that your discs are good?

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

dj928,

What I was reading in your other posts in another thread you have ripped the movie as an ISO. This guide does not show you to rip in ISO mode so you deviated and now want help? Use the guide as described above pay particular attention to where "C" is pointing in step 2 the icon just to the right of that is ISO mode which is probably what you hit instead.

14. dj928

dj928 Member

My discs are TY and I have the latest version of DVDFab. I tried to follow the instructions exactly as listed above. I don't know what ISO vs File means. I just followed the above instructions. There's no reason to get unpleasant bbmayo. I don't know what I am doing wrong and don't see where I "deviated." And yes I am asking for help, because I need it.

Instruction line 32 of your guide states "Select ISO file and burn with imgburn." Is that not stating to use ISO mode? Sorry I am confused, but I don't have the same technical knowledge of this stuff as you do - hence my need to request assistance.

Sorry to have bothered you bbmayo, I will post for help elsewhere.

Thanks.

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

dj928,

I didn't know I was getting "unpleasant" and I am sorry if you feel that way as this is not what I intended.

I am simply trying to get you going in the right direction and I am trying to make it as simple as possible without using a bunch of different words and ways to do this. What I think happened is that you choose to rip in ISO mode with DVD Fab Decrypter which is an image of your original DVD, but you will need these files in "File" mode to be able to process them threw FixVTS. In step 32 you will have an ISO file after compiling your files in DVD Shrink. This is like a 4 step process.
    1) Rip your Movie (in file mode) using DVDFab Decrypter
    2) Run the files threw FixVTS to correct any problematic VOBs
    3) Use DVD Shrink to Re-author and compile your movie
    4) Burn the movie to a disk using Image burn.

There is no need to get mad at me as I was only trying to help and I am not sure where I was unpleasant? I didn't call you any names or anything I was just trying to get my point across the best way I knew how so I will say I am sorry if I offended you in some way as this was not my intentions. Let us know if you need further assistance and by all means I wouldn't take to much personally here or you will probably find a lot of "unpleasant" people here.

Cheers

P.S.

16. dj928

dj928 Member

Sorry if I mistook that statement, but it appeared to be stating that I intentionally did not follow your instructions and then was inappropriately asking for help.

I am not going to dwell on this, but does that really seem to be a pleasant statement? Maybe I'm missing your dry sense of humor. :)

I have had a good experience with this website in the past, so I just want to move forward, OK?

Thanks. :)

Now back to the matter at hand. :) It looks like I may have accidentally hit the one icon rather than the other (not knowing what the difference was). I really don't know what happened. What I do know was that I was able to proceed through the process with the movies somehow and then got the other error messages:

Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - Write Error
    Synchronise Cache Failed! - Reason: Write Error

and

I/O error scsistatus 0x02
    Interpretation: check condition
    read (I/O) - sector 247968
    unrecovered read error

This was during the burning process (I think the verify part?).

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.
    Dave

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What speed are you burning these at?

18. dj928

dj928 Member

19. j49er99

j49er99 Member

cant download fix vts help

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hmm.. write error followed by a read error.. have a really good visual inspection of the disk. There may be a flaw in the dye layer. It's uncommon but not unknown.