1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant get around RCE protection

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CroZ24, Apr 13, 2007.

1. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

i've recently just learned how to decrypt dvds. mostly cause i need to add new subtitle into them then re-burn them. i've burned about 10 dvds and found one that i cant. i turn on dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0 and it automatically opens a windows saying that it found RCE protection and it only gives me the option to select region 1. i've checked all the box's where it says REMOVE PROTECTION. i press the start button and it starts to decrypt. but after 10 seconds it stops reading and keeps retrying to decrypt, after about 10 retrys i stopped it. i've searched and found that i might be able to get around this with ifoedit. i am new to all this, so if someone can point me to a guide. the way i do it is, decrypt the dvd, txt2sup, vobedit, ifoedit all back together with new subs then burn. i have no clue anyother way.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Decrypter is old and outdated try decrypting with this instead

DVDFab Decrypter

If DVDFab Decrypter doesnt work then you have a dirty, scratched or bad disk.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

CroZ24
    bbmayo's suggestion is workable. There is another good freeware method. It consists of some of the software you already have. The software pack includes instructions for everything included and a link to one of bbmayo's guides if you need it. Click Here for the download and installation guide. It should be everything you need for a backup, it works for me and a lot of others.

4. Jay5

Jay5 Member

I to am having trouble getting around RCE Protection using DVD Decrypter. In reading this thread I downloaded DVDFab HD. That process also failed resulting in this error... Task_1 failed! Error=102(VTS_02_2.VOB 812161024 389120)

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What DVD are you trying to copy? Is that a DVD Decrypter error or a DVDFab HD Decrypter error? Also, will you post the complete error message as it appears.

I'm not aware of any releases the new version of DVDFab HD Decrypter doesn't work with. Have you checked the source's condition, smudges and/or scratches, or other surface flaws? Is the error happening in the same place each time. If so, run a check for read errors on the source disc. It's not uncommon to come across a bad press occasionally.

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, I also had the same problem. I was using plextor drives. DvdHDdecrypter 3.2.0.0 was having probs. Use their new 3.2.0.6 and your probs should be solved

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

8. Jay5

Jay5 Member

Thank you guys for trying to resolve this problem.
    However I did update to 3.2.0.8 and I still encountered a similar issue. Something to the effect of DVDFab needs to open PathFinder and then a dialog box opens stating that DVDFab needs to close because of an invalid dipute.
    But regardless thanks for the reply.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hate to see you have the problem unresolved. Pathfinder was an easy backup when I did it, in Full DVD. Is it just this one DVD or have you tried another since the problem started?

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You aren't talking about pathplayer are you? Try uninstalling and reinstalling DVDFab HD Decrypter and try again. If you still get no joy try this thread...

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=229221

11. Jay5

Jay5 Member

So far it has been just this one dvd. I can try another, at some point, and post how it goes. DVDfab did automatically send an email to themselves at each mishap.
    Thanks again!

12. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Try ANYDVD its free for 21 days it might help and is this a disc or a downloaded movie if its a disc anydvd should do the trick

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Jay5
    rbrock made a valid point. What is the source and name of the release you're trying to copy?

rbrock
    AnyDVD will do most releases, but unless they got an update in the past day or so, they won't do them all. Blade: House of Chthon is one if you want to try it, and Collier & Co. Hot Pursuit is another.

Edit: Slysoft came out with a new version yesterday, 10/11/07. I'll have to revisit some discs.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  14. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Yea, there not Johnny on the spot, but they get around to it.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

They still haven't got it right with whatever was put on Hot Pursuit. I just rechecked it with AnyDVD's rip function and trying to do the backup with Shrink and AnyDVD.

16. johnvana

johnvana Member

Use DVD43 for getting around protection (DVD43_Tray.exe) free downloadable.
    regards from Belgium (Europe)
    Johnvana

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

To cleanse the despicable DVD43 from my PC I was forced to put it on a bonfire and cremate the circuits. Well, not quite that bad, but DVD43 can be a real pain and it's nowhere as good as AnyDVD and DVD Region + CSS Free. I know they're retail, but this is one case where I didn't care to pay. DVD43 had my System 32 file opening every time I booted the PC. Deleting it didn't cure the problem. Mine wasn't an isolated case. DVD43 caused interference for a lot of people. It's a gamble when you put it on a PC as to how it will work (properly or mess things up).

18. Jay5

Jay5 Member

The name of the disk I am trying to copy is "Dora'ss First Trip".

19. johnvana

johnvana Member

to:man777
    you are right about DVD43,i used it for a few days and had a lot of problems, now after solving this i use
    "Magic DVD Copier" wich is Region and CSS free, so no restrictions.

20. Jay5

Jay5 Member

I'm surprised that DVDFab bypassed my DEP protection with out my consent.

My Computer : Veiw System Information : System Properties : Advanced : Perfomance, Settings : Perfomance Options.

I removed it.