AfterDawn Forums

Wii DVD Laser POT adjustment/ tweak and left over white plastic piece.

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Hello,
I was curious if anyone has attempted to adjust their POT for the laser on their Wii? I have done this, because I was getting disc read errors here and there. My issue's are:
1. A white plastic piece about an inch long fell out and I don't know where it is supposed to go, so when I put it back together the drive now clicks, likely because this piece is missing. So, I'm curious if anyone had any idea where it goes, so I can get my Wii working again.

2. I am uncertain what to adjust my POT to, It was originally at 674 and I turned it down to 585....

Thanks for any help, Pictures would ROCK!!

PS~ Fair warning, do not attempt this unless you are very careful, springs will fall out, small wires are likely to come loose(nothing a little solder cant fix though), and the round thing that spins the disc will have to come out as well. BE CAREFUL and take your time, if you do.
Here is a picture of the piece.

Mr.
tabletpc Suspended account
i think that is the button for the stop switch oh no you broke your drive
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.