AfterDawn Forums

how do i play itunes mv4 videos on psp? please help

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

i just may be an idiot, but i can play itunes music and move pictures on my psp, but when i try to play music videos from my itunes collection it won't work. are these encrypted or something? i've tried alot of different apps to try to do this and searched it seems everywhere for some kind of advice. i don't know, maybe i'm not searching the proper term or something. anyway, if someone would have pity on me and offer some help i'd appreciate it. i thought maybe you guys could help. i just upgraded my firmware and it didn't work with either one, so...
sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm just frustrated with it.
help!!!
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
They are encoded with a different header, so they wont work on your PSP.

What about converting them?

http://my.afterdawn.com/thisdude/all_links.cfm - Click here for more of my PSP Guides.
MidnightJ Suspended due non-functional email address
Just use Total Video Converter (free trial) and convert ipod format video to PSP format video.

Link: http://www.effectmatrix.com/
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2007 @ 9:30

thanks for the help but that program doesn't work. it says unable to open file. is there no other program or method that can change it to the proper format? i mean, i can copy movies, and put music on it, but not this? seems kinda strange. why everything but this type of file? just wondering.
Its pass-through encoding that you need to just change the headers, but i dont know of any programs to do this, am sure theres somthing out there.

Dont know bout you guys but I havnt had to convert them at all I've tried playing them using PSPlayer and it worked fine only no fast forward options. I found out when I accidently converted the Warriors to Ipod format and tried to play on my psp it worked fine though.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.