1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Tools Download

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by GeeDaddy, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeaniest

jeaniest Member

2. kazyel

kazyel Guest

Thanx a lot....

3. corneln

corneln Guest

could someone tell me how to insert games into my Motorola V180? i have the cable, mobile Phone Tools, PTS, P2k, but i dont know hot to do it. please help me. thanks

4. motodude

motodude Guest

5. achudnow

achudnow Member

First, thanks for all the great info on this thread. I've encountered a problem with MPT 3.11 and my V551, perhaps somwone can help. MPT seem to work fine with eveything but the Multimedia Studio. When I launch the MMS the connection to my phone is dropped. Once I quit MMS the connection is reestablished. any thought on this? BTW, I'm using a Bluetooth connection.

6. boolagoo

boolagoo Member

Ive downloaded and installed mobile phone tools v1.23 and updated it to v2.16 and for some reason it wont recognize my v551. How would I go about resolving this? Is v2.16 too early to use with a v551? Ask me if you need any more info.

7. Snickerdo

Snickerdo Member

Anyone else get an error when they try to do a LiveUpdate? I can't install 3.11 directly as it gives me some error that ends up screwing up Bluetooth. I can get 2.16 installed and the Bluetooth works fine (detects my V551, even though it can't pair to it because it doesn't support the phone) but when I try and do a LiveUpdate to 3.19 I get some error message. Anyone have any ideas?

8. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Was your phone connected while the LiveUpdate was happening? If so, disconnect it and try it again. If not, connect it and try it again. LOL If you've done both of those already, then I don't know what else to do. I have a V220 - it's not bluetooth compatible, so I don't have any experience there.

9. Snickerdo

Snickerdo Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried unpairing the phone and turning off my phone's Bluetooth, but it made no difference. Those are the errors I'm getting. I even tried throwing myself onto the router's DMZ in case it was trying to download the files using some crazy port, made no difference.

10. markoss

markoss Member

Somebody please help! I downloaded the file and installed it, though when it tries to install the driver for my phone it says it cannot find the right driver and to pick it from a list. The only thing is my phone isnt there. I have looked all over the internet and my phone, a motorola c650 does work with Mobile Phone Tools. Can someone please tell me if there is an updated version which may work with my phone.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  11. Inedhelp9

Inedhelp9 Member

I have a motorolla V180 phone and i have the mobile edit and mobile phone tools, but i cant get either to recognize my phone. Other threads talk about COM ports 3 and 4, but in my device manager i only have COM 1 and 2. How do i get my phone to be recognized. I have installed the motorolla modem thing too , but it still doesnt work. My computer recognizes it but the software will not. What do I do?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  12. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Inedhelp9, in device manager, that's most likely all you will see unless you have an internal modem (or other component that utilizes a virtual COM port like 3 and higher) installed in your computer. You have to go into your modems advanced settings (in XP) to see additional COM ports. when your phone is connected to your pc what is shown under modems (motorola usb modem or similar)?

markoss, what version did you install?

13. CdSlc

CdSlc Member

Snickerdo, the error that you are getting is the same error that I used to get while trying to run LiveUpdate. I did a search in this forum and howardforums.com and found couple of suggestions. After following their suggestion, my LiveUpdate is working perfectly fine.

Let me give you couple of things that I have read about:
    1. LiveUpdate has problems in running behind a firewall and/or Anti-Virus.
    2. If you are running XP SP2 make sure that you disable the firewall within XP software.
    3. If you have your own firewall and/or anti-virus software then disable both of them and reboot your PC. You need to make sure that when the PC boots up they don't start up automatically. There are various ways to do it, but I ran msconfig and in the Startup and Services tab, I disabled all the services that I felt would be related to firewall/anti-virus.
    4. After doing all the above steps, see whether you are able to do LiveUpdate. In my case, I could not so I tried a different method.
    5. When your PC is booting up, press F8 and go into the setup menu and select the 'Safe Mode With Networking'. This will disable all your unessential services and will just have the bare minimum drivers/services loaded for bare working. Now run LiveUpdate and it should work fine.
    6. Now reboot your PC and this time let the PC boot in the Normal Mode. You are now all set.

I personally liked option# 5. This way I don't have to go around messing with firewall/anti-virus software. I don't have to mess with msconfig.

Hope this helps.

14. calitails

calitails Member

hi i just bought a usb cable for my motorola phone and installed the mobile phone tool vs.2.16. i can't get it to recognize my phone. help!!!

15. Inedhelp9

Inedhelp9 Member

It says in the modem setting that it is a motorolla modem USB and that it is attached to COM 5. I was able to move it around all of my USB ports to finially get it to COM 3. That is the lowest COM number that it will go to. What do i do now. I tryed connecting the to Mobile Phone Tools V.3.11 Final Retail version but it still just keeps saying intializing and will not connect to the phone.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  16. Snickerdo

Snickerdo Member

I formatted my system a few days ago, and sure enough everything is working now. I have a feeling my system was severely screwed prior to cleaning it up last week.

17. vietdude

vietdude Member

hi everyone
    Hope someone here will help me in resolving a problem i'm having for a month now. I've read almost all the content on this forum , it's very helpful. even though be patient and read and find the right thing is hard but i did for a month searching. now i come to this state that i got to down a verion 3.11 of Mobile phone tool installed. At the end of installation i got some error pop up about "not access ....", but after i ignore it seem to work fine. But it seem that it never recognize my motorola C650. i really want to make the software will work with my C650. Please could somebody here help me solve this problem for a month now without knowing what can be done to make it work. my motorola C650 as i known , should be working okie with the mobile phone tool. Is it because i got the wrong version or something? please help ........by the way i got a nice link here .............
    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/

18. daev1988

daev1988 Member

does anyone know why when i installed the program and everything but the status remains at "Initializing..."? and how could I fix this problem..thanks

19. wrateman

wrateman Member

OK, I installed the MT 3.11h I found here on my home PC. It actually installed the easiest, and puts up an image of my v551. I synchronized (backed up) from my phone to the PC. However, when I tried to open the phonebook, and other apps, the mouse turns to an hourglass for a few secs, then nothing. My cable is plugged into the USB port in the back, not a USB hub.

I ran LiveUpdate, which was successful, I'm now at 3.19e. Still nothing.

On my work PC, I installed 3.17 which I bought off eBay w/ my data cable. This installation can't display the image of my phone, but....the apps run successfully. I've been able to DL .mp3s to my phone as ringtones, etc. This version can't LU as it's behind the f/w at work. I may bring my laptop home and run off my network at home.

Any suggestions for the home PC? Why won't my apps like phonebook open up?

TIA.

20. xdarahx

xdarahx Member

hey, how can i uninstall mobile phone tools?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.