*HOT* Tech News And Downloads, I Would Read This Thread And Post Any Good Info

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@gerry

I know the feeling well, who can resist the smell of bacon, and oh those hash browns :)

2. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING

CAFFEINE ADDICT QUIZ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Chris Gahan.

Do you want to know if you suffer from "Alertness Deficit Disorder" (ADD)? Then just take this simple quiz. These questions will help us to determine whether or not you suffer from this terrible affliction; the only known cure for which is caffeine. ADD takes the lives of millions of Americans, hundreds of Canadians, and a handful of Ugandans every year.

If that doesn't scare you, let's just say that you are more susceptible than anyone else. YES, YOU! If you suffer from this disease, missing just one trip to Starbucks could be FATAL. The following series of Yes/No questions will allow us to determine your Addiction Factor(TM). Keep track of the number of Yes and No answers you get and chart yourself at the end. Remember: Prevention is the best medicine. Or was it laughter? Either way, read on.

1. Do you use coffee to escape from your problems?
    2. Do you eat spoonfuls of instant coffee because it's easier?
    3. Have you ever woken up in a puddle of your own coffee?
    4. Do you find that it's easier to drink more coffee than go to sleep?
    5. a) Have you ever drunk cold coffee?
    b) Right out of the pot?
    6. Do you spend more than 20% of your income on coffee and/or coffee related products?
    7. Does your coffee cup resemble a beer stein?
    8. Has anyone ever told you that you "have a problem"?
    9. Do you need coffee:
    a) ...to get up in the morning?
    b) ...to get out of bed?
    c) ...to be injected intravenously to stimulate blood-flow?

10. Do you own a "Coffee Helmet"? (For the culturally ignorant, a coffee-helmet is a hat with coffee-cups attached to it and a straw coming out of each cup leading to the mouth, used for hands-free drinking.)
    11. Do Native North American Aboriginal Indian Peoples call you "Ona mac towanda" (Smells-like-coffee)?
    12. Does your doctor measure your heartbeat on the Richter scale as well as by its frequency?
    13. Have you ever sold personal or other people's possessions just to get your fix for the day?
    14. Does the phrase "swiss water decaffeinated" strike terror into your heart?
    15. a) Do you have a coffee maker in more than one room of your house?
    b) ...in more than five?
    c) ...in your bathroom?

16. a) Do the people at Second Cup refuse do give you free coffee cards anymore?
    b) ...because you're wearing out their hole-punch?
    c) ...and it's bad for the environment?

17. Do you grind your own coffee?
    18. Do you grow your own coffee?
    19. Have you ever been fired from a job because you're "drinking their profits"?
    20. a) Do you know Juan Valdez?
    b) ...and his donkey?
    c) ...intimately?

21. Do you salivate uncontrollably whenever you hear dripping water?
    22. a) Is sleep a hobby of yours?
    b) ...that you don't like?
    c) ...because it's too frustrating?
    Response Ratio

Addiction Factor(TM)
    Yes No Analysis:

(20-22 yes) (0-2 no)>>>You are a well-rounded member of society with a love for life and you are very wise.
    (17-19 yes) (3-5 no)>>>You are a slightly jagged member of society, life's okay but it could be better and you are relatively naive.
    (0-16 yes) (6-22 no)>>>What are you, some kinda nature-freak tree-hugger!? Coffee's not good enough for you, huh? Here, have some more TOFU! How about some ALFALFA TEA?!?

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

ROTFLMAO, thank you ireland it is good to know I am a well rounded individual :)

4. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,on my second bucket of coffee,

FREE,
    With iColorFolder, customize the color of each WindowsXP folder

Organise your files more easily
    With iColorFolder, give some color to WindowsXP folders.
    With just a right-click, colorize your folders, and discover
    a new intuitive way to classify your files. A quick view is
    now enough to identify the folder you are looking for !

http://icolorfolder.sourceforge.net/

edit
    ireland

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

How interesting a Lite-on lightscribe drive. Have never had any problems with either brand so this should work out well.

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

WOW, that is news to me...i'm with arniebear on this one, have both Liteon and Benq drives that have worked VERY well for me over the years, if ireland's article is true for the near future, i guess i'm happy to have what could possibly be the last Benq drives on the market~ :) before they have the Lite-on bezel and sticker on em' LOL

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No wonder BenQ's have been getting a little thin in the market, you are right on the bezel. Probably going to see a switch over on them. Everybody start grabbing up to BenQ's. Tis sad in a way I like the BenQ a little better than the Lite-on stylewise, it just has a pricier look to it IMHO.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

ON MY THIRD BUCKET OF COFFEE,

Disney to trial free offerings of popular shows online
    Posted by Dan Bell on 10 April 2006 - 17:30 - Source: C|Net

Using advertising revenue to support the project on ABC.com; AT&T, Ford, Procter & Gamble and Universal Pictures have already signed up for the trial run. Popular shows such as: Commander in Chief, Alias, Lost and Desperate Housewives are scheduled to be offered on the Web in May and June the day after they broadcast. The video files will allow the user to pause and move between chapters in an episode, but you wont be able to skip the ads.

"In the future, consumers will rely more and more on strong brands to help them navigate the digital world, and we have some of the strongest brands in entertainment," said Anne Sweeney, president of the Disney-ABC television group. "Stay tuned ... because this is just the beginning."

Disney is also planning on offering a high-speed Internet channel called Soapnetic, on April 17, for subscribers to Verizon Communications' Internet services.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13294

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning everyone ... it's 11:55 but still qualifies as morning. I'm on cup number five or so. I hope everyone is having a great day.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Not me it was Rice Krispies this morning :(

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...now that's my type of breakfast! A serious breakfast as a breakfast should be...none of this silly cherrios and a banana!

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good Morning everyone. Coffee with a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. Then more coffee and more coffee still! I hope everyone has a great day! It is supposed to be 71 and sunny in Philadelphia.

14. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Good Morning All,I'm having a power breakfast today
    -coffee
    -chocolate donut
    -more coffee
    -Reeses cups
    -and yet more coffee
    ....nothing like caffiene and sugar to get one going!

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@boxwrench ... you must be a later riser!

16. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

@gerry1,Yes sir I am but for good reason. I work the night shift and don't get to bed until about 3:00 AM so I get up around 10:30 in the morning.That allows me to catch both the early and late crowd here at AD. I do hate this shift but the money's not bad and it keeps the bills paid.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

GOOD MORNING ALL! Grilled blueberry muffin with lots and lots of caffiene. We have real half and half this morning rather than powder; must be something happening that I"m not yet aware of.

@box ...I sure know what you mean about that; I think you're working the most difficult of them. I've worked 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. which was o.k. once I got use to it (a bit vampirish though being a creature of the night) but the shift you're working was tough..for me anyway. Seemed like all I did was work and sleep. The worst I ever worked was "ratating shifts" I'll NEVER do that again! Turns you into a total nut case!

18. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

First off,Good Morning Afterdawn friends and followers!

@gerry1,Fortunatly I am only about 10 mins. from where I work so there is no travel time.Therefore I get four hours of quality time both before and after work,it's not that bad once you get used to it. The hard part is getting off on Friday night at 11:00pm and going back on Saturday at 7:00am.My body and mind really pay for that come Saturday night!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  19. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING ALL,AS I JUST GOT UP,drinking me first cup of coffeeeeeeeeee

as for the About the "Fat Chicks"thread i would not touch it in a million years,that thread was a insult to great people..that did not need to be insulted here at afterdawn.,.

gerry1,you will like whats below...

AVI PREVIEW.......... AviPreview is a utility that enables you to view some of the video content of DivX3 or generic MPEG-4 (i.e. DivX4, DivX5, XviD etc.) AVI files when the file has become corrupt and you no longer have the start or end parts. AviPreview will save a movie out to a separate AVI file, made up of scenes that it managed to salvage from the corrupt file, so you can see what was in the file and decide whether or not to keep the corrupt movie. The current version also supports audio detection and extraction for MPEG and AC3 codecs.....(free).....GO THERE!

under software on the right
    http://www.funkster.org/

p2p news / p2pnet: A brand-new Beatles album is being organized for a Las Vegas circus show soundtrack.
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/330059

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  20. ireland

ireland Active member

here is a good read

The DMCA: seven year review

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/330108

p2p news / p2pnet: It's now approaching a decade since the US Congress enabled the infamous Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and, "examples of the law's impact on legitimate consumers, scientists, and competitors continue to mount," says the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation).

"Rather than being used to stop 'piracy,' the DMCA has predominantly been used to threaten and sue legitimate consumers, scientists, publishers, and competitors," says EFF senior staff attorney Fred von Lohmann.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.