1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading embedded video: .swf files

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by CiDaemon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. milkgal

milkgal Guest

2. bismuth19

bismuth19 Member

Thanks a lot adriftr for your help
    Seems like it's difficult to get videos from daum
    Can I request for some other videos?
    http://see.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1648748
    http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=l3EgNq3j6Tk$
    http://see.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1664836
    http://see.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1696615
    http://see.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=1679134
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  3. Zeigy

Zeigy Member

adriftr,
    Thanks for your help. The program, Replay AV, is excellent. I was just about to delete it when it looked like it wasn't working and BOOM, the stream popped up in the list for recording. Now I have the full video I was trying to get.

Ha! Ha! I've been searching the internet for a few days to figure out how to capture streaming video. Where there's a will there's a way.

4. pilot550

pilot550 Member

5. lecki

lecki Member

hi, any luck with atomfilms yet?????

6. verase

verase Member

hello, anyone come across sites lately that have their swf player as an object on the page which is clearly linking from somewhere else on their server. i was curious if anyone else has, and if they had any lucky finding where the actual file is.
    thanks

7. adriftr

adriftr Member

verase: Yes and if you read previous posts I've covered at least one site where this happens. Basically they use another website to host their streaming files and most the time it's secured in that the streaming site only accepts requests from the linking site so if you try to go to the video directly you get a page cannot be found or some other error like that. In theory it seems that the file should somehow be able to be cached or saved when the stream is detected (like WM Recorder) but as of yet there seems to be no way to directly get it. Gotta use a screen cap program.

8. Elenya

Elenya Member

Hiya, after reading (most of) this amazing thread I was hoping I could get some help here. I have been trying for months to get the hidden 'movie' loops from this site and while I can download the main container, I cannot for the life of me get in to get the animations *behind* that container. Its been driving me up the wall, yet no one seems to have a clue how to do it.

It does not seem to help that each section has a new animation. (I want to save them all, if possible.) None of the 'tricks' I have tried have helped, and after reading this I even tried to snag a hex editor and find it that way, although. . .that didn't work because I couldn't read what I found there.

Is there any way to save these to my own hard drive?

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  9. adriftr

adriftr Member

What exactly are you trying to get Eleyna? If you mean the backgrounds in the sections like home/downloads/gallery those are flash components not embedded video like this thread is about. You'll have to download the swf file and open it with a swf decompiler program. There you should be able to figure out if what those components are and maybe if you can download them... but again they're not embedded video downloadable via the means listed in this thread.

10. Elenya

Elenya Member

Ah, I guess I misunderstood, then. Sorry. I thought this thread fit the issue perfectly. But I also think/thought they were embedded - well not video exactly, but short clips if it came to that. And yes, those are exactly what I want.

Thanks.

11. springf

springf Guest

12. adriftr

adriftr Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  13. springf

springf Guest

adriftr:

thanks

14. Hitero

Hitero Member

I just wanted to follow this up a bit, seeing as to how ABC.com just put up four unaired episodes from the cancelled series Day Break.

I don't believe there is anything screening requests or such. Rather, the content is streamed using the RTMP protocol, which is at this point not downloadable / recordable / save-able.

So the URL for example wouldn't actually be http://wdig.fcod.llnwd.net/a339/o2/abc/streaming/episodes/LOST_306_IDo_1203426_highband.flv, but rtmp://wdig.fcod.llnwd.net/a339/o2/abc/streaming/episodes/LOST_306_IDo_1203426_highband.flv.

I have been able to find very little information on the web about RTMP://. There's also no Wikipedia article on it. There is no mention as to what the hurdles are exactly to creating a program that can capture media streamed via RTMP. About the only information I could find is 1) it's what big companies use to prevent people from downloading their streamed videos, and 2) there's no known way to record it (other than a program that can only record mp3 files from myspace that use RTMP).

It seems to me that there must be some way to save the stream to the hard disk (other than a screen capture program which produces inferior and sporadic results).

15. sushiex

sushiex Member

16. amalu

amalu Member

can someone help me to get this video from the site(movie trailer)

from this site trailer 1 is in swf and help me to download that video

17. amalu

amalu Member

can someone help me to save this video .link for the file is
    i was download this file but it not a video it just a screen .help me to get that video anyone........

18. greyalien

greyalien Member

19. cobratwo

cobratwo Member

hi i have been reading through this topic and found some interesting info. im not a wiz at this kinda stuff but tried out the things i could understand. i choose to do the only thing i could seem to do and that was to install firefox and then install the video downloader so i could get some of the videos i wanted :O) but now it seems that someone got wise and did something to prevent video downloader from finding the url the video was comming from. videos i downloaded 3 days ago are now comming up as not a valid url :O(
    im not asking for someone to do the work for me i enjoy working things out for myself but after all the time i put into finally getting these videos and then find out it no longer works and being faced with possibly having to start all over again im pulling out what little hair i have :O(
    all i would like to know is if someone could check and see if its just me doing something wrong or if something was implemented to prevent firefox video downloader from finding the correct url of this video...
    here is the page im on that contains the video i want to copy

any comments would be very much appretiated THANK YOU

20. mhutch

mhutch Member

I looked through this thread but didn't see an answer to this.

I'm trying to save a photoslide show that is in a .swf format. I was able to get the .swf file and the javascript files that go with it but I can't get it to play unless I'm connected to the internet.

Is there any way to get this so I can play it offline?

The link to the slideshow I need / want to save: http://1997357312.slide.com/p/0/BLACKBOARD+JUNGLE+_26+friends+June+2-3_2C+2006?view=true