1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any freeware to convert CD to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by onestop, Sep 22, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello, I've been using Easy CD Creator to convert CD to Mp3 but recently have to remove program due to having conflict with my DVD burning softwares. Kindly advise if there is any freeware which allows converting CD to Mp3 with sound quality of at least 128kbps??

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

Lame encoder is one of the better ones....but for a beginner, musicmatch jukebox works well.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I checked out the above mentioned program. It only encodes 16kbps. Is there another Free audio CD ripper out that works good. I am having trouble finding one.

Matt

5. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

musicmatch should let you go up to 160kps for free...but if not, get yourself feurio and download lame encoder and it will do the best ripping for you...

6. Stripgear

Stripgear Member

7. jakks

jakks Regular member

or you could use CDex

8. GrayArea

GrayArea Member

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

EAC is great, but requires a lot of tweaking. And if your CDs are scratched, EAC will not rip them. CDeX is the best and easiest freeware CD ripper to use.

10. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

If "tweaked" correctly EAC will rip them as good as any other ripper: Use these settings:
    EAC options -> Extraction
    -> Skip track extraction on read or sync errors = [off]
    -> Skip track extraction after duration longer than ... = [off]
    If ripping is too slow on scratched disks (or EAC seems to hang) you might want to try burst mode instead of secure mode. Ripping twice in burst mode and using a wave editor to find faulty positions (-> wave substraction) and to correct them (deglitch/declick/...) should give very good results even on scratched disks. Anyway, removing scratches (unless the reflective layer is damaged) before ripping gives better results.

Nice GUI, easy to use, open source - it's a good alternative. Just not as secure as EAC.

11. Delias

Delias Guest

I'd tried a lot of different rippers and encoders including some of the ones mentioned here but didn't stop looking until I found audiograbber. This is the best software I've seen in all ways and has a free version with a few limitations. You can also add the LAME DLL at no charge. Try it!

12. tummyclub

tummyclub Member

i have been looking for a good, free CD to Mp3 program too. I just downloaded [bold]"FreeRIP"[/bold] from http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml and i really like it. i guess they kind of bug you a little for money, but they are very unobtrusive. I hope it works for you!
    -Sam