1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper way to capture in Huffyuv?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by CCEncoder, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

I been using Pinnacle card with a Phillips chipset to do all my capturing as it has better video quality then my ADVC110, however when I tried playing the video to my TV the video will play with interlacing artifacts, I used VLC as the player and Interlaced Mode Disabled, BOB lags too much on the TV and my PC. I thought I guess I need to burn it to a DVD so I won't see it... I did that but after I inserted the DVD the picture looked like BOB interlace mode on VLC on the PC which still isn't like the VHS to TV mode. I got MAD

I later tried the ADVC110 for the capture and at least while I played its captured video on the PC with VLC interlace disabled... it appeared to play better then the huffyuv avi file so I have faith it will burn to DVD well. So my question is... ¿WTF am I doing wrong with the Pinnacle card?

I read a few things about interlacing filters during capture using VirtualDub but then isn't using filters a fake quality of the video? Perhaps I need to swap fields? I'm a noob into this... Please advice me what to do so when I encode the huffyuv file to DVD I'll see it on the TV as good as the original VHS thanks.

PS. Maybe this note will help... I use a Panasonic AG-1980 VCR whose captured videos unlike the SLV-R1000 allows me to effectively use BOB and other interlacing modes on VLC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.