1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSPlayer strange behaviour!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tribbb, May 8, 2007.

1. tribbb

tribbb Member

Hello all,

im experiencing a super-strange problem the last days and im not sure whats going on.

some video files (*avi - 4cc:xvid , 4cc:divx) , while they are fully playable from gom-player , videolan and even windows media player , make bsplayer crash. How ? When i double-click these files (bsplayer is my default player) bsplayer crashes imediatelly. But check this out , when bsplayer is already open , and drag and drop them inside the player , then the playback starts without any problem. Huh ?

Sth like this usually happens with subtitles also. I mean that i have to drag and drop subs inside bsplayer in order to be shown correctly. So , anyone has an idea ?

2. tribbb

tribbb Member

searching around a little bit more i managed to find what maybe the problem is. all video files have no audio compression (PCM Audio). If i open them with virtual dub and save them without audio they become playable from bsplayer. Also if i save them with audio compression like mp3 or sth , again they are playable. Any ideas ?