1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting buttons with PGC edit (help)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, May 14, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well, I'm not really sure what the problem is, but sometimes when I delete a button it messes with the whole menu structure--sometimes it doesn't though. Fore example, with stranger than fiction and Happy Endings if I deleted the "Set up" button, then the scene selection button would take me to set up. Very weird. Lots of other movies I have done much more deleting of buttons without any problems. Maybe it's the program, or maybe it's me--either way, could someone shed some light as to why this may be happening or let me know about an alternative program that will let me delete buttons without screwing with the rest of the menus?

Thanks,
    Klemp

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

funny..... but you haven't told any of us what program you are using to delete the buttons on the menu. I use DVDRemaker Pro and it has guides for you on the website: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake/info.php

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Actually I told you in the title of the thread "Deleting buttons with PGC edit." PGC Edit being the program I'm using of course. Anyhow, thanks for the guide, I'll give it a try.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm sorry....... I am going blind!!!! do you have Xray glasses for me??? I could use a pair of those!

5. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

lol, I think were all going a little bit blind looking at a computer screen as much as we do for work, burning DVDs, etc :)

6. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

When you delete a buton, all the remaining buttons, if any, will move up by one along with its button command. On some DVDs, the button command (LinkTailPGC) is the same for all buttons. In this case, the real deciding factor on where to go next is in the Post Commands.

So if you are familiar with DVD commands, then deleting buttons should not be a problem because you know how to fix it. If you're not quite comfortable, then it's best to just hide the button. This will make the button unselectable. Navigation will still be intact using this method.

In PgcEdit, choose Hide button -> Jump to non-deleted button in the Menu Editor dialog. This will get you going.

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

sweet, I'll give this a try.

8. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thanks a lot. The "Hide button" did the trick with PGCedit. What I'm still trying to figure out is why the Hide button with DVDremake didn't have the same effect. Perhaps it's just different terminology since "Hide" on remake seems to have a similar effect to "blank" on Vobblanker. Could anyone shed some light on how to do this with DVDremake?

9. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

Hide button on DvdReMake should have the same effect as PgcEdit's. What's the result after you hide the button? Did you select the right option - right-click on the button and 'Hide button'?

Yes, Hide on DRMP = Blank on VobBlanker.