1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6680 question need help

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by gheem, May 18, 2007.

1. gheem

gheem Member

hi sir im quite noob in cell my brother game me a 6680 but it is locked in smart network, is it possible to unlock it so i can use my globe sim and sun.
    i search the forum but i dont know the code that i need to use. hope somebody can help thx in advance!!!!!

2. MCCRASH

MCCRASH Active member

3. gheem

gheem Member

sir how come some store in the mall are accepting 6680 openline. they can unlock your phone for only php500.00

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Scroll down to the bottom pal you can unlock this phone yourself.

It does not kill anyone to read it just makes you wiser.

5. gheem

gheem Member

hi sir thx for the help. i was able to download the bb5 unlocker. but im using dku2 cable, is it possible to use it in unlocking my 6680? im having trouble running the bb5 unlocker could you help me configure the com port connection. thx in advance!!!

6. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Hi, all the instructions are in the link I gave you.

The dku2 cable should work just fine.

With the CFG file open it with notepad and change the COM number to the port you are using.

BR

7. gheem

gheem Member

thx again sir for the reply i tried using com1 to com 9 but i still can open the program. sorry i know im such a noob in this could you tell me where can i find what port im using?

8. gheem

gheem Member

sir i was able to see the com port im using, im using com3 i check it in my device manager. then i change the cfg file using note pad to com3: but i still receive the error unable to open com port!
    am i doing something wrong? could you help me sir.

9. gheem

gheem Member

hi sir i already run the bb5unlocker but i receive an error after pressing the read phone "bad connection! (check FBUS CABLE, tunr off/on phone, restart program, etc.)!"

what should i do sir thx again.

10. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Hi, you could try another cable like the DKU5, but for some reason the software is not working for some people.

You could save yourself all the hassle and get the phone unlocked directly with hardware (JAF Box) as there should of been an update now to support your phone.

11. gheem

gheem Member

hi sir i just bought a dku-5 cable, but i learned that it is not compatible w/ my 6680. i try to search from nokia site, and i found out that ca 43 or compatible ca53 is the 1 that i should use.
    so i bought ca53 and i was able to connect my phone to the pc. but i still got the error bad connection. what should i do? i cant by the jaf box its to expensive pls help. thx.

12. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Wait till the JAF box supports the model then take it to a shop to be unlocked directly with hardware, or call the network for a code.

As I said before the software does not work for everyone.

13. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

damn how can i connect that dku5 where the only cable that the phone interacts is the dku2. how would i know that i'm using that port for the dku2 where as the dku2 is a usb cable and the said software only supports com(1-9) w/c means it has to be a serial cable w/c the phone doesn't interact?

14. gheem

gheem Member

1st connect your cableto the pc.
    2nd install driver for the dku 5.
    3rd connect your phone so that the pc will recognize it.
    4th check your device manager for the port you are using.
    5th configure the port in the log folder then it will run.

15. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

damn, will that dku-5 cable be compatible with my 6630? like the guy said it's not compatible with his. i sure don't wanna waste some $5 for that thing. and how the heck would i configure that port? would i simple type com1: if i'm using com1 port?

16. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

sorry for double posting.. i just want this topic to be back in the top so that people would recognize it.

is there a specific driver for this dku-5 and for that software?
    or am i gonna use the default driver w/c can be downloaded at nokia.com?

i'll buy the dku-5 cable right away, even though i still don't know whether it's compatible with 6630 yet(i'll try anyway). could somebody give me the exact hyperlink? thanks

17. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Your phone is only compatible with CA-53 and DKU-2 cables.

Download the drivers here http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4144937

Note: The software does not work on all models even though it says it's supported!

18. gheem

gheem Member

yes i also encounter that problem sir.
    your phone compatibility is dku 2 where you could transfer file etc.
    but you cant use dku2 coz it doesn't have bus interface.
    thats why you should use dku5.
    when you plug in you phone to dku5 it will show inhancement not... etc.right?
    but if you install your driver for dku5 you still cant use it for file tranfer or pc suite instead you cant use it to sp unlock.
    just try cheking the device manager after instaling your cable and driver it will show what com it is using then just copy the com # to the software and you will b able to run the software w/out and prob. and you can unlock ur phone. if you stil have any prob just post here il try to check my mail once in a while.

19. gheem

gheem Member

yes sir dku5 has its own driver, when you buy dku 5 it comes w/a cd and manual. just follow the instruction on how to intall the cable. after that go to my computer right click, properties,hardware,device manager, comport. then double click on the cable and it will show you what port it is using. copy the com port # and run your software.

the are some cases that you wont see the cable under the device manager if that happen try to connect your phone first then check the device manager again copy the com# and run the software.