1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Copy Protection

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BlkPnthr, Sep 28, 2003.

1. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I have two (2) CD's and there are a couple of songs I wish to extact however, I keep hearing "sirens" coming through my speakers as if telling me there's protection on it, I tried using Nero6 Ultra to encode my selected files and it tells me that they're copy protected. How can I either remove the protection or, simple extract the tracks I want?

Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can check out this link and see if your discs are on the list.

http://www.boycott-riaa.com/corrupt_cds.php

I don't know firsthand which progs work well for extracting audio from protected discs ( I won't to buy them), although I have heard that Exact Audio Copy or CDex are worth a shot and they're both free! Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  3. listen

listen Member

have you tried exact audio copy?

the funny thing is, if you do figure out how to copy it, the copy will be a better disc than the original (the version that people who don't copy their cds will be using)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  4. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

i u want to extract the songs to form a CD simply copy by image this gets past the protection
    however, if u simply jus want those unes on ur hdd then u gotto search around there must be some hacked porgram that caters for ur need!

5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Making an image aka an iso / bin & cue will copy the protection too which kinda defeats the point doesnt it? Not to mention that the copy protections are getting smarter more advanced and screwing up even making an exact dulipicate of the orginal disc itself..

Try using Exact Audio Copy .. it'll copy/rip almost whatever you can throw at it.. there's tons of tutorials and help on the net for EAC if you get stuck.. Could also give AudioGrabber a try, its supposed to now support copyprotection overrides

6. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I found a way to extract just the tracks that I want. Seems that NTI Platinum does a good job and bypasses the protection. Was able to encode just the songs I wanted and they do sound better then the one's on the CD.

Thanks for all your help...

BlkPnthr

7. Orien2

Orien2 Member

here's what you do. Get out your tape recorder, mate. Record those tracks on tape use audio in to change them into Wav files and then a music converter to convert them to mp3 then burn them to disk. You need an audio cable you can find at radio shack a head phone jack to stereo converter. A good audio tape and make sure your tape heads are clean you can swab them with alcohol. You can get a tape player at a pawn shop if you don't have one. It pays to have outdated hardware sometimes.

you can get cd master nero sucks. If cd master doesn't do it then do the above procedure and good luck. audio in analog signal doesn't normally carry copy protect if it does record to tape then convert to wav and then to mp3 then you can burn it on a disk.