AfterDawn Forums

Problems with xbox backup creator

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I had xbox backup creator working fine on my vista pc, however I reformated and reinstalled vista, and when I go to install xbox backup creator it installs successfully, but when I launch the program I get the error "Runtime error '339': Component MSCOMCT.OCX or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I have installed both the regular versions of XBC and still have the issue, any ideas?
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
this is not a xbox back up creator error

now the error u put up is a windows error could be caused due to a vrius or not turing off ur computer properly but to really fix this error reinstall windows or try to download the missing file from microsoft
this will solve ur problem

immy
i think ur is a visual basic problem mate
u can download from microsoft mate if u go to their webpage and put in the MSCOMCT.OCX did u miss an l off isnt it the MSCOMCT(L).OCX thats the error u get isnt it the one with the L u can fix it its not xbox back up creator its ur op error

immy
i think ur is a visual basic problem mate
u can download from microsoft mate if u go to their webpage and put in the MSCOMCT.OCX did u miss an l off isnt it the MSCOMCT(L).OCX thats the error u get isnt it the one with the L u can fix it its not xbox back up creator its ur op error

immy
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.