1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chameleon No Soder adapter and Bios Flash

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by javiman4, Sep 30, 2003.

1. javiman4

javiman4 Member

I'm trying to mod an version 1.1 xbox with a chameleon mod chip and the soderless adapter. I was wondering if I still have to soder point A15 if I want to flash the bios from a CD-RW? Thanks.

2. corc

corc Member

hi javiman4. No need to solder A15 with the chameleon and adaptor. You can flash bios with a cd containing the bios (named linuxbio.bin)at the root of your CD-RW. Make sure you put a dummy file so that the CD reads over 50MB (xbox wont like it otherwise).

3. javiman4

javiman4 Member

I tried flashing it already, but everytime I get the message "Loading linuxboot.cfg ... unable to find. Halting." I'm using CD-RWs that have been proven to work in v1.1 boxes before, and I have the dummy file. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Try increasing the size of your dummy file to 200mb first.
    What are you using to make the ISO image before buring? Use either ISOMaker or Craxtion.
    Both Sony CD-RW 4X and TDK CD-RW 4X disc's work well for me but each Xbox is alittle different.
    Also burn the ISO to disc at the slowest speed allowed by your software.
    RustyDog

5. corc

corc Member

id also make sure that you are naming the bios in lower case. Had the problem where i named it in upercase as it was stated that way in many tutorials and it would never read it.
    I have 1.1 Xbox and it works fine just as long as you make the ISO with the correct software. Dont use Xiso as i have had plenty of problems with it and i recommend ISOMaker.

6. javiman4

javiman4 Member

ISOMaker. got it. I am using TDK discs burned at 4x, but I'll try increasing my dummy file size. thanks guys.

7. javiman4

javiman4 Member

Okay. i used Iso maker, increased dummy file size, burned slow on several types of discs that have all worked in v1.1 before, and I still get the same error. "Loading linuxboot.cfg from CDROM... Unable to find. Halting." What am I doing wrong here?

8. corc

corc Member

sound like a issue with the burn to me. Make sure when you burn the disk that you wipe everything that was on it previously first. There could also be an issue with the bios (very unlikely), but try flashing the bios with a cromwell bios from xodus and see if that will work. If it does then you have a bad bios.

Alternatively just keep burning until it accepts the disk because i had to do several burns before it accepted mine and i didnt do anything differently each time.

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Make sure your bios is named linuxbio.bin and that it is in the root of the disc and not hidden in a folder.
    RustyDog

10. Matador

Matador Regular member

Name BIOS to "linuxbios.bin" yes "s" after o.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Use Nero Burning Rom:Make
    CD-ROM (ISO),No Multisession disc,Joliet Mode 1,Burn @ what ever speed I burn my cd-rw @ 10X;Make sure "DOA" is selected.

Make a Dummy folder and add files in there.
    ----------------------------------------------
    If still got probs.Boot up to cromwell and wait for it to start to select the items @ the bottom of the screen.

Just before it's goin to select the dvd-rom drive insert disc and it should work from there.

11. GetModded

GetModded Guest

No "s" after the "o".
    RustyDog

12. Matador

Matador Regular member

I did it with "s" after "o" cux the other way didn't work for me.And that way it did.

13. javiman4

javiman4 Member

Thanks for all the help guys, but I broke down and got the programmer. Anyway, it's all modded now and running Evolution x.

14. gazou

gazou Guest

Have you fond if it was a bios problem or else????

I have the same "calisse" d'error