AfterDawn Forums

Changing PSP Themes

This discussion thread has 15 messages.

splashley Suspended due non-functional email address
I was wondering whether or not it is possible to load PSP themes from the memory stick, ie on the go. A way you could change them whenever you want without having to go into flash0 every time.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt find any other threads about it.

PSP - 2.81 -> 1.50 -> 3.03.OE-A -> 3.10.OE-A -> 3.40.OE-A
PS3 - Someone Please Buy Me One
▼▼ This topic has 14 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
there was a program called theme cycler which was released not too long ago. It holds up to 3 themes and if you enable the auto boot feature in recovery, it will change the themes by itself every time you startup your psp. I believe the readme said its for firmware 3.30 oe and up, havent tried it but if your having trouble finding it let me know and i'll send a link.

Need Help With Your PSP? Ask Here
Need A Very Detailed Tutorial?Check Here
cheers, i found the program, an now it apparently has "Unlimited slots for saving themes" which is a good thing im guessing.

im a little woried about constantly flashing a theme each time, can it damage the thing in any way?

also, i heard that you can run out of space in flash0, is that only when you dont overwrite the "resources" files?

well i would advise you to clear up some flash0 space by dummying some fonts. This will clear up about 2.5mb of flash0 space. you can find a tutorial here http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6797

thats really helpful, thanx

but, as long as the customisations are not too big for the folder, i shoulndt need to clear up the space rite?(mind you, they probably will be knowing my luck)

yeah as long as the customizations dont exceed the limit for the flash0 folder you wont need to clear up any flash space. Mind you if you happen to semi brick you can recover from it...if you ever need to recover you can find a link to the recovery in my signature.

thanx for the help, lets hope that i dont screw it up and properly brick it

id really like to know how people figure all this crap out, the downgrading, the custom firmwares, themes, iso's, etc i would have no clue where to start. thank the psp gods for forums...

lots of reading and googling. trust me it all seemed like gibberish the first time i got my psp...about a week or two after researching stuff i knew majority of the basics. The rest of the knowledge just comes from hands on experience/tinkering around.

ye,i agree with you there. ive never been taught by anyone about how to use pc's and everthing that goes with them, all my knowledge comes from places like this, google, and cocking things up and having to fix them myself (usually due to lack of funds but saying that, i would call someone to fix it unless i absolutely had to cus i find tinkering fun). these young'uns these days have it so easy...(im 17 and even i didnt get any IT lessons beyond 'HOW TO USE MICROSOFT WORD').

can ya please tell me how to change the psp themes because i just got 3.03 OE-C and i need help? what should i do with a file thats named netconfig.bak and wath is it for? Can i erase the files that were left on my psp when i got 3.03 oe-c from my psp?
Originally posted by staxx:
well i would advise you to clear up some flash0 space by dummying some fonts. This will clear up about 2.5mb of flash0 space. you can find a tutorial here http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6797

You can just use flash agent its way easier. That will clear the 2.5mb for you i use it.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 04 Jun 2007 @ 15:21
Originally posted by splashley:
thanx for the help, lets hope that i dont screw it up and properly brick it

id really like to know how people figure all this crap out, the downgrading, the custom firmwares, themes, iso's, etc i would have no clue where to start. thank the psp gods for forums...
I just started looking around and stuff and within a few days i knew everything.
where or what do i do?
First you need a custom firmware like 3.03 OE or something

then just get the theme cycler thing that was mentioned earlier read the read me and it will do everything for you

If you do the flashing manually you wont over use memory, as your comp wont let you replace. :D

:
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.