1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy - Too many activations - Locked Out

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cw888, May 29, 2007.

1. cw888

cw888 Member

I purchased the DVDXCopy Xpress a few years ago and it worked quite well. I used the Xpress version for a short time then I upgraded to the Platinum version when it was available. The Xpress version was still installed in my PC even though I have not used it after installing the Platinum version. I eventually stop using both version a few months later and both versions were still installed but not used. I didn't think it was worth the legal hassles.

I recently found and purchased an old movie which have been trying to get for sometime. I was trying to make a backup of it since it was very difficult to find being very old movie. However, when I tried to start up the Platinum version, I was asked for the license and password. I dug out the original software and entered the license and password as requested and got the message that I had exceeded the number of activations which was 7. I got the same message with the Xpress version. I don't understand why this is happening since I only installed and activated them once by telephone. I still have the codes they gave me on the phone to activate the Platinum version when I originally installed it. Anyone out there know what's the problem?

I guess I can go to EBay and get another copy if I have to.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hehe, I still have Xcopy Express and Gold. They always had bugs and when they did work, they also added a warning... which didn't help them in the end.
    RIP Xcopy.

Go here for XCopy questions and info:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

There are better programs!