1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP-Torrents and Format Trouble

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by csoccer7, May 30, 2007.

1. csoccer7

csoccer7 Member

im not sure if this is the write thread, but im new to this website and just going to post anyways.

i have been trying to figure out how to burn DVD's from torrents forever now. Everyone seems to have a way but i just can figure it out! i have Nero 6 software and i use isohunt and bitlord to get torrents. I download the torrents fine and they work on my computer but when i try to burn them to a DVD +R disc it pops up messages like Decoding is not available due to patent and licenses. or it will say i need a multichannel plug in.
    Im not even sure what type of torrent i should be downloading, because you can get .iso or .avi or many different ones.
    is there anyway i can get a torrent that is already in the right format??
    and what programs should i be using to change formats, get the proper torrents and burn the movie to a DVD +R disc.
    (i am a windows user if that makes any difference)

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Here is a guide using Nero: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946 or VSO ConvertXtoDVD will burn most formats. The trial does leave a watermark in your video but you can see what you think, just remember to keep burns at 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of your media and use good media (Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or any Made in Japan). Never heard of those messages but, maybe, have a look at BitLord. Not a good client, contains Adware, is basically a ripoff of an earlier BitComet version with all its bugs and is banned on most private sites.

3. csoccer7

csoccer7 Member

ok i will try that thanks
    do you have any idea of a better thing to use besides bittorrent?? since you mentioned it was pretty crappy.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

BitLord is crappy, not Bittorrent. utorrent is very popular and light, I like BitTonado and Azureus is good but requires Java and is a bit complicated. I would recommend utorrent with the following settings: options>preferences>connection, disable UPNP (I think it is now) and use a port over 10,000 that isn't the default. At options>preferences>bittorrent, use Protocol Encryption: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 and you can enable both DHT options but only for public sites. And you can set your Global number of connections and maximum number of connected peers to 250 - 350. Do a speedtest and enter your upload rate at options>speed guide>connection type and run the test over a few says to get a good average. If Bram Cohen purchasing utorrent bothers you, use version 1.6, build 474 and disable automatic updates at options>preferences>general but its been awhile and I've heard nothing negative: http://www.filehippo.com/download_utorrent/ Also, if you have a router (not a modem), port forward it but that applies to any client.