1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Alcohol 120% help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Scriabin, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scriabin

Scriabin Member

hey everyone. Sorry if this sounds dumb or really transparent but im a virgin with all this new software and applications ive come across.

Basically i got A language course from bitcomet. i find out its a .ISO file. I run around getting all this software and eventually i run into alcohol 120% which looks pretty decent.

So what on earth do i do to get the thing to work? there are 2 separate parts to this language course and i dont know how i get them to run! so they are on my c-drive but how do i get the programme to run them (if it can?)

Thankyou to anyone who cna help :)

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey friend :) No problem, we are here to try and help.

Well, open alcohol 120%, and somewhere where it says somethign similar to "mount an image on virtual drive" or something similar. Choose this option, and then locate your iso file. This will then act as if you have inserted a disc with this language disc on. :D

Ok, if you cant find how to do this, download Daemon Tools for free from here

Install it and everything, then it should be in your quick launch bar thingy (is that what its called ? hmmm) at the bottom right of your screen, as a little red circular object. Unfortunately there is no real user interface for this program, but it is free. So anyway, right click this circular red thing (as i names it :p), and then hover over virtual drives. Then another menu will appear, then go down to "mount image". Locate your ISO file from there, then wait for the autoplay menu to pop up, or just navigate to the "virtual" disc like you would with any cd.

Good luck :D

3. Scriabin

Scriabin Member

Thanks for your help but im still stuck! I mount the file and then it appears in my computer as a cd icon ('E' it calls itself). So how do i get it to function as an actual programme now? am i right in thinking that it is supposed to run as it normally would if it was the actual disc????

When i click the icon it only opens the icon and shows all of the files within the actual programme, all the folders, sub-folders etc. when i try auto-run it is only image related. i want it to run as the programme would naturally. so why isnt it doing this :'(

i tried the daemon software but for some reason it could not install. there was an internal error ?!!!

4. Scriabin

Scriabin Member

I got the Daemon software in the end and it did the exact same thing as alcohol 120% the cd appears in my computer but it just.....wont.....start, lol.

this is driving me nuts! im going to throw myself out of the window in a minute!

5. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hello mate. Maybe you could link me to the file download location {(torrents or whatever)}, as long as its not too big ill download it and see if i can get it working.

Alternatively you could just list every single file in every single folder lol! Or a screenshot. Up to you. You are doing things right though, it just seems that its not got the right autorun file to make it autoplay, or something similar.

7. Scriabin

Scriabin Member

Thanks a lot for all your help. but no luck :( I think it may be that the company who have created this software may have taken measures against this kind of thing happening.

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Rosetta-Stone-Greek-1-2/3786c33f4314b08e47d7699dcad77963ade98b534a45

Thats the torrent site. perhaps a bit too big. Oh well, i geuss ill just have to search for an audio book in order to learn Greek. Lol, my girlfriend is Greek so im trying to learn the language for her. lol, ah well.

Thanks billy, good to know that your so helpful :D and a brit! but you live in coventry! i hope you come to London for university. its great here :D

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

No problem scriabin! No problem at all :)

Yeh, your damn right im gonna try to come to london for university, or nottingham haha. How old are you? Could link up when i get to london :)

Not to big mate, you seem like anice guy so ill download it and see what i can do :) Its no trouble, honestly, but it might take tonight to download it, so as soon as its finished downloading ill post back here with the results. :D

See ya mate, and thanks for the compliment :D

9. Scriabin

Scriabin Member

I'm seventeen too. I am only in my first year of A levels though, so ill be going uni September 2008. what do you plan to study? i want to do English at kings.

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.

Aaron

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Aaron, im just letting you knwo im on 98% on that download...so i AM doing it lol.

11. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

There is no linking to torrents or torrent sites , at all !! (Forum Rules are there for a reason).

Seeing as you're a newbie Scriabin I will not suspend/ban your account but please be warned.

Billybob thought you knew better tbh *tut tut*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.