1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus motherboard Soundmax sound drivers

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by PJCrago, Jun 9, 2007.

1. PJCrago

PJCrago Guest

I have a ASUS motherboard type A7V8X-X and am having trouble installing the ASUS Soundmax software. The software installs but then a dialog box appears with the message 'Driver not found. Reboot your system and run this setup again.'. This I do but with the same result. I have loaded the ASUS 4in14543v driver package and the windows patch (KB935448), but to no avail. Has anyone seen this problem?. Thank you, I would apprecate any help.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

3. cyberv

cyberv Member

What OS are U Using. Next time be specific about this things it makes reply easier

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. PJCrago

PJCrago Guest

I tried the Major Geeks website and downloaded the Everest software. Great tool for obtaining hardware info but caused conflicts. No links generated perhaps I am not using it properly.

You are right of course I should have included the OS details. I am running XP Pro with SP2. Thank you for your help.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

7. cyberv

cyberv Member

Ok Then this people gave you a good advice in finding a solution there's nothing more i can add except asking you this is your Motherboard new If it is try returning it to where you purchased it. Use the warranty probably the board has problems. if its old try installing the drivers manually by updating the drivers in the device manager some hardwares need to be installed manually like I frequently encountered in Vista, it may also happen in XP since XP started as like that too.

8. Alesander

Alesander Member

Hi,

my friend had the same problem recently. He have found the site which has a lot of drivers, firmwares for Asus devices. Try to use it also. Here is the direct link to Asus motherboard directory - "Nodevice.com motherboard drivers"

With best regards,
    Alesandro