1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error collecting header extension

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vtowner, Jun 10, 2007.

1. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

I converted an avi file to dvd structure with Nero Vision 4 and it came out to be about 7.78GB. I try to shrink it with DVD-RB and i get an error whenever i try to prepare that says "DVD Rebuilder experienced an error collecting header extension [00:28:23] 00068 00005" Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

2. ebega

ebega Regular member

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. hacman99

hacman99 Member

I had the same problem and same error message, although with a different source. vtowner's source was a DVD file created from an AVI; mine was a rip from my original PAL region 2 DVD of Rosemary's Baby, because I wanted to watch just a copy so that I didn't scratch the original. Making the single-layer working copy with DVD Rebuilder I ran into exactly this problem with exactly this error message; however, this was a few years ago, and I didn't remember how I had solved the problem until I ran into it again just recently.

I am currently doing iPod versions of all of my movies and wanted the highest possible image quality, so have been ripping from the originals rather than from my working copies, and when I got to Rosemary's Baby I ran into the same problem again. I tried ripping with DVDFab Decrypter and also with a combination AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter, but all output ended up with the same error.

I also tried the FixVTS suggestion made above by ebega, but that made no difference in my case.

The problem in the case of Rosemary's Baby is that there is a section of junk right at the beginning of the film that needs to be stripped out before DVD Rebuilder will recognise it, and the solution is as follows:

* Import the film into DVD Remake Pro and you will see a green screen in the preview window.
    * Press once on the right arrow on the timeline slider to go onto the next frame, which is a second of black before the Paramount logo comes up, then right click in the preview window and select "Cut to here".
    * Export the film

That output file read perfectly in DVD Rebuilder and I now have an iPod copy of Rosemary's Baby, so if FixVTS doesn't work, then DVDRemake Pro could be your answer. Use "Cut to here" or "Cut from here" to strip out any junk that makes it unreadable by DVD Rebuilder.