1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CozMurphy

CozMurphy Member

Thanks.I printed off the manual and the guide but the
    2008 Channel Setup Guide.rar is a bit of a nightmare file to
    download.I keep getting errors with it and have tried using winzip
    but that doesn't work either.I got my mate to have a go who works
    in a pc support department but he wasn't able to either.
    Is the 2008 Channel Setup Guide available anywhere else.
    Thanks for the help

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi ok i have just downloaded it to my Pc and it opened up with no problems when you have it on your desk top in rar right click on it and go to extract to 2008 channel setup guide and that is it then go into the folder and click on the Icon on the left it will open in windows or Mozilla whoever you are using for your internet browser

3. CozMurphy

CozMurphy Member

I'll give that a go,thanks a mill..

4. jetbrad

jetbrad Member

I am based in Belfast, using a Eurovox Max V3 on the V**gin cable.

Is it possible to receive RTE 1 & 2 and TG4 on my box? I have tried scanning these channels in using the 467 freq and when I preform the auto scan they appear on screen in the list of channels scanned in. However, when I go to find the channels in the "channel manager" menu, they don't appear.

Can anyone help me resolve this? Thanks

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No you cannot receive any of the of the dublin channels on your box as you are getting your provider from the Uk

6. wacks

wacks Member

Hi Folks,

Hoping for help with recent eurovox max 2008 problem. bought box a month ago and eveything was perfect.my young son pulled the plug from the mains and knocked off the tv and the eurovox while we were watching it. now my eurobox is stuck on standyby mode. the remote or the buttons on the eurovox has no effect when pressed. Any Ideas ??? son is 11 months so cant really blame him!!

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try reflashing if that doesnt solve it you will need to have a look at the C14 capacitor and see if it is domed, if it is it needs to be replaced. After both those avenues are explored and still the same you need to jtag it.

8. wacks

wacks Member

cheers scOuser,

I will get the 9 pin ports. can you direct me towards a file for re flashing. my eurvox max 2008 came pre flashed. Is it handy enough to do?

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep all you need is in Eamos FTA Library at the bottom of my post. You will find a guide there and use Kuro Beta 2 in the Eurovox firmware folder.

10. jimbo2502

jimbo2502 Member

hi all,

i'm new to this so need help please.

just purchased a eurovox box and i already own virgin cable in birmingham, i want the cable box upstairs and the eurovox downstairs. the eurovox works downstairs no problems but when i try to split the leads to the box upstairs i recieve no channels or even no signal from any cable box or eurovox

can you please help

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

That is because your signal strength is not strong enough go on to flebay and buy a booster that should sort that problem out for you

12. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Hi All,

I'm actually enquiring for a friend can anyone tell me if there is a box that works with Sky?

thanks
    Steve

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No and there never will be a box that works on sky sorry

14. makd8e

makd8e Guest

Hello i am a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a Eurovox V 2008 with the following :

Model DVB-XC BoxV TDA
    S/W Ver 1.0 STC4 Oct 29 2007
    H/W Ver 2.0t K5
    Bootstrap v001
    S/W Build Kuro

After searching this great forum i managed to install all tv channels from my local provider ( after entering the right symbol rate ) but so far i can only view clear channels. On scrambled channels i get the following message " Please insert smart card "
    I am not based in the U.K or Republic Of Ireland but i beleive the system is n*g*a.
    Do i need to enter my provider id and keys ?

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

we do not use smart cards usually changing the channels does the trick but if you are out side both of the countries yes you might have to enter the codes

16. moose52c

moose52c Member

Hey guys I have a eurovox 08 woz working fine for the last few days, now there are no channels working only 5 or 6. what is the problem as i cant sort it out?...

17. makd8e

makd8e Guest

Ok it seems like ill need to get the codes for my provider, anyone know how to go about it ?

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hmmm you say you are not in the UK or Ireland but yet you say you are on N1 who is your provider and where are you located?

19. makd8e

makd8e Guest

sc0user can i pm you on this one ?

20. dudestate

dudestate Member

Hello there folks, I have been reading your posts for the entire day and have gotten every channel up on and running beautifully on my Eurovox 2008 Max V 5. All except Racing UK for my dad, current frequency is 163.000 and picture becomes distort and flashes no signal. I am on Virgin is there any ideas please oh masterful minds of wisdom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.